Phoenix to Lordsburg, NM Hwy60 and 70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix to Lordsburg, NM Hwy60 and 70

Anyone travel hwy 60 and 70 from arizona to new Mexico? How mountainous are those two roads. Flying out to arizona to look at a truck and if all goes well will be towing it back with a uhaul truck and trailer. Seems to knock a few miles off rather than 10 through Tuscon.

I'd stick to the 10 personally.....better roads and lots of resources along the way if you need them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
      I'd stick to the 10 personally.....better roads and lots of resources along the way if you need them.

2nd that...

Comment

Phoenix to what city in TX?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
          ^^this^^ better to burn a few more miles and have the access to services if you need them.

on the other hand, it is a more scenic route going the other way.

as far as mountains there isn't anything to be concerned with, not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
            Phoenix to what city in TX?
            Houston

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
              ^^this^^ better to burn a few more miles and have the access to services if you need them.

on the other hand, it is a more scenic route going the other way.
              The scenic part is why I am contemplating it. But will most likely stick to 10

Comment

Originally posted by spliffnwesson View Post
                The scenic part is why I am contemplating it. But will most likely stick to 10
                the only places you will encounter any steep grades are north of Phoenix on us 60 and I-40 and East of Phoenix on US 191.
                There will be a little bit of hills around Globe Az. but going down US70 into NM isn't any thing to worry about.
                have fun!

Comment

I like taking the back roads. I don't care about missing some services. But if your in a hurry 10 will be your best bet as long as you don't hit any construction or accidents. I10 will be a very boring ride.

Comment

Working...
                  X