Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Cabelas boots, lifetime warranty farce.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
    Wow... takes some nerve to try to return some boots you’ve had for a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    about as much as an offer of a lifetime warranty...

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
      OP, I'm in agreement with Coach and others that have stated the same thing. I don't think your boots are defective, which is the intent of the lifetime warranty.
      except as I said earlier, the soles and uppers are just fine, the inside liner separated.....I fully understand now that lifetime warranty means that once they fail they have met their lifetime...... In reality they have a 90 day warranty and nothing more........
      Last edited by friscopaint; 01-01-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

also what I stated earlier is Basspro lifetime warranty on wool socks is just that, as long as you have the socks if they wear out, etc.....a complete exchange for a new pair, so the lifetime warranty there is exactly that.....
        Last edited by friscopaint; 01-01-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
          about as much as an offer of a lifetime warranty...

No retailer in the world will take back year old shoes for a liner coming out. Good luck with your boycott and rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The OP may only wear these boots while hunting and not every day. I have a pair of handmade dress boots that only get worn on special occasions they are over 10 years old.

Comment

Ok. Apparently you want someone to agree with you, which you have gottne some on this thread to do. If you think you are entitled to a new pair of boots after wearing them for 4 years, then good luck to you. They probably don't even make the same exact boot that you purchased 3-4 years ago. You bought them, used them as intended, and now it is time to buy a new pair. Except that you are worried about the inside liner and not the actual part of the boot that does the work (the soles and uppers), which by your own admission are fine. It is pretty dang clear in their policy about lifetime warranty. It clearly states that it is the life of the product, not the purchasers life. I would be embarrassed to take back a pair of boots that I had worn for 3-4 years and tried to exchange them for a brand new pair. If you were to list them on here in the classifieds, would you list them for the original price you paid and expect someone to buy at your price?

Good luck to you though. Nothing like getting on social media to **** and moan about something you disagree with and try to make others look bad.
              Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 01-01-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Ok, I stated earlier that I had a Cabela's brand arrow that broke the second time I shot it. It's covered by the lifetime warranty, will they give me a new arrow? It's was obviously not worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  Ok, I stated earlier that I had a Cabela's brand arrow that broke the second time I shot it. It's covered by the lifetime warranty, will they give me a new arrow? It's was obviously not worn out.
                  HAHA I highly doubt it and I would laugh if I saw someone trying to get a broken arrow replaced that was shot.

Comment

No. And they should not give you one.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      HAHA I highly doubt it and I would laugh if I saw someone trying to get a broken arrow replaced that was shot.
                      I didn't say I would take it back. However, it is under warranty....or so they say.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                        No. And they should not give you one.
                        It's inside the 90 days.

Comment

I didn't say I would take it back. However, it is under warranty....or so they say.
                          Probably like the boots the warranty should be read in detail

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                            Ok. Apparently you want someone to agree with you, which you have gottne some on this thread to do. If you think you are entitled to a new pair of boots after wearing them for 4 years, then good luck to you. They probably don't even make the same exact boot that you purchased 3-4 years ago. You bought them, used them as intended, and now it is time to buy a new pair. Except that you are worried about the inside liner and not the actual part of the boot that does the work (the soles and uppers), which by your own admission are fine. It is pretty dang clear in their policy about lifetime warranty. It clearly states that it is the life of the product, not the purchasers life. I would be embarrassed to take back a pair of boots that I had worn for 3-4 years and tried to exchange them for a brand new pair. If you were to list them on here in the classifieds, would you list them for the original price you paid and expect someone to buy at your price?

Good luck to you though. Nothing like getting on social media to **** and moan about something you disagree with and try to make others look bad.
                            X2

Comment

Sounds to me like the boots did not hold up to his expectations regardless of age. Would it change anyones opinion if they were 6 months old vs 4 years old and had the same liner separation? I have 4 year old shoes that look brand new and 4 month old shoes with holes in them. Without seeing the condition and knowing the usage, it's hard for anyone to judge a defect vs plain wore out.

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
                                The OP may only wear these boots while hunting and not every day. I have a pair of handmade dress boots that only get worn on special occasions they are over 10 years old.
                                So would you take back your 10 year old boots for new ones?

Comment

Working...
                                X