No announcement yet.

Asphalt drive way cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent you a pm for a good paver. He hunts alot and is a good guy. I would also say that paving work is like like concrete work, you get what you pay for and its hard to hide bad work.
    Last edited by Radar; 12-06-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      I would put a good base down, have it packed and drive on it for a few months before I paved. Your paving job will only be as good as your base. Or that is what I was told

This. A solid base is the key to it lasting. I would recommend a good limestone road base and have it compacted. Asphalt on top of that but definitely not directly on the soil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You are actually looking at gravel+asphalt(2.5-3.50/ft) vs Concrete(5.50-$7/ft).

Comment

We had it done last summer for $1.50/sf. It's not perfect, but it's more than good enough for a driveway.

Comment

Have requests for two quotes on my driveway right now but can't seem to get them to call me back. Honestly I am having a heck of a time finding people who want to do any work on my house. Have several small jobs needing done. Uggghhh

Comment

$1.85 - $2.00 sq ft

Comment

You'll need to add in the added cost of sealing every year or so to maintain the asphalt. I'll go another route from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                  $25 a sq. ft. or sq yard? Around $18 a sq. yd is the going rate around Austin area now which is $2 sq. ft.
                  SORRY! Yard

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                    My garage is 200' away from the road and I'd like to go from road to garage then have a horse shoe come off of that around the front and back to the road. The horse shoe I don't have to have depending on price. I already know concrete is way out of my budget so it's between asphalt and gravel pretty much.. Anyone know what i should expect to spend on asphalt with or without the horse shoe or about what it cost per sq foot?
                    We just did our driveway in washout. May not be what you want, but a different option to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                      We just did our driveway in washout. May not be what you want, but a different option to look at.
                      Can you explain this? Looking for road and driveway options.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                        Find a gypsy.

Ill get a phone number from the next 100 or so of them I run off from my place.

Dang guys are persistent. And they always seem to have some "leftover material" from a big job, just right around the corner.

Some elderly folks near us fell for this. The first spring, their new asphalt driveway needed mowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                          SORRY! Yard
                          Dang... Thought I may quit this fireman thing and go back to construction again. Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                            Ill get a phone number from the next 100 or so of them I run off from my place.

Dang guys are persistent. And they always seem to have some "leftover material" from a big job, just right around the corner.

Some elderly folks near us fell for this. The first spring, their new asphalt driveway needed mowing.

It won’t be done right, but by god it will be cheap.

Comment

i did concrete 165ft of 12ft driveway and roughly 100ft of 4inch flatwork sidewalk for 10 grand last yr

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
                                Can you explain this? Looking for road and driveway options.
                                Wash out is just the excess from a concrete truck that they wash out at the plants. Once it sets up and dries, it is hard almost like concrete. Just a lot cheaper than it.

Comment

Working...
                                X