Heart just stopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart just stopped

I just got a phone call from the sheriffs department wanting to notify next of kin about a drowning. My oldest son was fishing this morning so to say the least my heart stopped. Looks like he had the wrong number though. If it's legit prayers sent out to the victims family. My heart is still racing.

Wow! Prayers for someone's family though

Comment

Oh man, I bet it did stop! Prayers up.

Comment

That's scariest thing I've read in a while. Prayers Up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Father's greatest fear. That's horrible.

Comment

Oh my goodness. I cant even imagine...

Comment

That made me jump and I was only reading it!!

Comment

Man, that's just bad timing!

Comment

Dang, what a heart stopper!

Comment

****, they do that by phone call?? That's awful

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      ****, they do that by phone call?? That's awful
                      That's what I was thinking but I talked to him for a good bit and he sounded legit. The name of the family member he was looking for was Spanish so he was sure he had been given the wrong number and apologized. Not a good way to start a morning. My son answered right away when I called him so that helped.

Comment

Man. That's terrible all the way around! Glad your son answered as soon as you called him.

Comment

Uuufff, I can't imagine how bad that must have scared the crap out of you. As I started to read, my stomach started turning until I got to the part where it was the wrong number. Geez. Not sure what I would do if I ever received that call. I would hope, my local authorities would at least have the decency to knock on my door as opposed to calling. I know I would NEVER deliver that news via phone call. Believe me, delivering that news is extremely difficult to do in the first place. I hate doing great it. But, it must be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                            Uuufff, I can't imagine how bad that must have scared the crap out of you. As I started to read, my stomach started turning until I got to the part where it was the wrong number. Geez. Not sure what I would do if I ever received that call. I would hope, my local authorities would at least have the decency to knock on my door as opposed to calling. I know I would NEVER deliver that news via phone call. Believe me, delivering that news is extremely difficult to do in the first place. I hate doing great it. But, it must be done.
                            Took the words out of my mouth.

Comment

absolutely horrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X