Tractor search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor search

I’ve been looking for a tractor for several months. Searching primarily on Craig’s List. From what I can tell there are four or five “dealers” who routinely post a continually revolving inventory. Best I can tell they bring in eighteen wheeler loads from “somewhere”. Anyone know where these guys are sourcing their inventory or how these guys work? As many as they seem to move I doubt they are checked very closely. Last I checked CarFax does not cover tractors

I know for kubotas they could be repos bought from kubota. Not sure if other colors do the same

Comment

What are you looking for? I’ve seen what your talking about, some of them throw a cheap paint jobs to put lip stick on a pig.

Comment

I searched the internet for several months before I found the exact tractor that I wanted. When I found one, I bought it before anyone could change their mind.

Comment

Catch small rural auctions like Llano. I’ve seen them have 10+ tractors out there.

Comment

Those guys are buying at auctions and re-selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve been looking for a while myself, what size you looking for, you paying cash, I’m about to pull the trigger and just buy a new one 0% for 84 months, and with used tractors holding their value as well as they do, I’ve about convinced myself this is the way to go, im looking for 100 horse probably going to go with Kubota, although my cousin bought a 100 horse Mahindra 2 years and has used it to roll a couple thousand round bales with no issues. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobyh View Post
                What are you looking for? I’ve seen what your talking about, some of them throw a cheap paint jobs to put lip stick on a pig.
                Looking for 40 hp, 4x4 with a loader. Something that predates the computer controls and emissions controls. No hydrostatic drives. Prefer JD or Kubota. I hear good things about Mahindra but there are lots of used ones on the market and I understand the resale market is not so good.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                  I’ve been looking for a while myself, what size you looking for, you paying cash
                  Yes, paying cash.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                    Looking for 40 hp, 4x4 with a loader. Something that predates the computer controls and emissions controls. No hydrostatic drives. Prefer JD or Kubota. I hear good things about Mahindra but there are lots of used ones on the market and I understand the resale market is not so good.
                    How much are you looking to spend? I might know where a Kubota is that meets your requirements. Let me do some checking.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobyh View Post
                      How much are you looking to spend? I might know where a Kubota is that meets your requirements. Let me do some checking.
                      I’ll spend what is needed to get something that is not a project.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                        I’ll spend what is needed to get something that is not a project.
                        Well i came up empty handed, but I’ll keep an eye out for ya.

Comment

Thanks 😻

Comment

Look at wctractor.com we have a decent used tractor selection.

Comment

We call them tractor jockeys, kinda like horse traders lol. They would come by every few months and we would sale them the junk we took in on trade for pennies on the dollar. The. They would then spruce them up and resell

Comment

Working...
                              X