Webb County Trip of a Lifetime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webb County Trip of a Lifetime

Wednesday December 5th at 5:00 pm one of my long time hunting buddies and I headed south for what would end up being the trip of a lifetime for us.

We arrived at the ranch in Webb County around 10:00 pm with good intentions of getting to bed early, but after 3 or 4 "Last Crown of the night" calls early was out the window.

My target buck for the trip was undoubtedly going to be my biggest to date if I scored. Thursday morning came way too quick but with some encouragement from my fellow hunters I made it out to the blind on short rest and settled in for the 1st morning hunt.

Not 10 minutes after first light my buck appeared in my shooting lane at 20 yards like it read the same script I had in my head!!! I took my time in making sure the camera was rolling which allowed me to get my breathing under control. I came to full draw and it seemed like the world stopped, I was in the zone. No more nerves, no more breathing hard, just pure concenctration for this one brief moment as I settled the pin on his heart and let it fly.... money!

The 6 1/2 yr old south texas bruiser never knew what hit him.

I'll let the video tell the rest of the story from here.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_w7PcFf3s"]Murray Bow Hunt 12-06-2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Saturday morning my wife joined the party in hopes of her first bow kill. As some of you may remember she just joined the sport a few months ago.

That afternoon my buddy TJ headed out still looking to score on a south texas whitetail and my bride was in search of a good Fallow.

Almost instantly after the feeder went off her Fallow showed up and just like she had been doing it her whole life she planted a G5 Striker right in the engine room!

And as if the weekend wasn't going good enough, TJ scored on not one but TWO good bucks that evening.

Trip of a lifetime!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tmurray; 12-10-2012, 09:01 PM.

My friends always want something. I guess I need to run in a different pack. Congrats to you and your wife.

Comment

good deal

Comment

awesome hunt! pretty cool getting to watch him go down in sight like that! Congrats

Comment

Well done Tyler! Congrats on your biggest bow buck and congrats to Britt and TJ as well. I'm really sad I couldn't make the trip but I feel like I was there with y'all, thanks for all the updates.. Let's see if we can sneak in another weekend down there before MLD's up.

Oh yeah, the video is Sick!

Comment

Congrats to all y'all. That was a darn good weekend. You wasn't kidding about the video telling the rest of the story on your buck.

Comment

Awesome man, he's a hoss! Happy you got the better half bloody as well! Looks like a blast of a trip.

Comment

Man that's awesome! Congrats to y'all!

Comment

Hey Taylor I can't view on my iPhone!

Comment

Thanks fellas, it was a blast.

Justin/Chris we definitely need to make the wives weekend happen soon, she's officially addicted!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerryg View Post
                      Hey Taylor I can't view on my iPhone!
                      It's a link to Youtube, not sure how to help???

Comment

Congrats. Great buck. Congrats to your wife too.

Comment

OK I looked it up, it keeps giving me errors when I try to edit the Youtube video to make it accessible to mobile devices.

I'll keep trying.

Comment

Great shot on a fine buck. He didn't want to give up did he! Congrats to you all

Comment

Congrats to all the hunters.

Comment

Working...
                              X