Atlas Bipod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlas Bipod

Which Atlas bipod is best for shooting prone? I've always owned Harris bipeds but looking to upgrade to a Atlas.

Thanks
    Jake

That really depends on what type of rifle you are shooting. Also if you will be prone or on a bench. You will need a taller one for say a AR-15 or 10 or pretty much anything with a pistol grip or large magazine than a slimmer bolt action. I am rocking one on a AR-10 using the picitinny rail mount.

Comment

most people are using the BT10 LW17 (5" - 9"), as you can also add 3" extensions to the legs

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/97...SABEgLNqfD_BwE

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 09-08-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Subscribed. I have been wanting an Atlas for a while now. Would go great on my LaRue 6.5G.

Comment

Bt46.

Take a hard look at the Modular Evolution bipod as well. I'm running one of their models and like it more than my atlas. I've had BT10s and the BT46. Bt46 is the newer one. Build a little more stout. QD mount. Legs are more solid. You'll love one if you're willing to spend the money.

Comment

Another vote for the Atlas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been shopping hard for bipods lately and have been considering the Rugged Ridge Extreme Pod because it seems like the best combination between a pure bench/tactical bipod and a pure hunting design; not to mention the industry professional did out they offered me. But after posing the question of which bipod is the best, across several forums and to several successful competition shooters I know, the overwhelming response was...."get a Harris bipod and add a KMW PodLoc and Hawk Hill Feet." Everyone I talked to has gone back to Harris after trying Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                I've been shopping hard for bipods lately and have been considering the Rugged Ridge Extreme Pod because it seems like the best combination between a pure bench/tactical bipod and a pure hunting design; not to mention the industry professional did out they offered me. But after posing the question of which bipod is the best, across several forums and to several successful competition shooters I know, the overwhelming response was...."get a Harris bipod and add a KMW PodLoc and Hawk Hill Feet." Everyone I talked to has gone back to Harris after trying Atlas.

Want to borrow an atlas?

Comment

I prefer the Atlas for heavy rifles. I actually have a BT10 on my PCP air rifle(s). Mine also has the Picatinny mount.

Comment

Working...
                  X