No announcement yet.

Single Payer?? Are you kidding me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you dont get is that the poor ( regardless of insurance) will not get preventive care. They are not responsible enough to schedule an appointment. They will ALWAYS go to the ER for their care.
    Everyone on earth that happens to be in America get emergency care no questions asked.
    And another point, i deal with the poor often and they all say i have no insurance when asked. So either obama care is a farce or it makes my point that the poor are not responsible enough to even sign up for free HC

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      What you dont get is that the poor ( regardless of insurance) will not get preventive care. They are not responsible enough to schedule an appointment. They will ALWAYS go to the ER for their care.
      Everyone on earth that happens to be in America get emergency care no questions asked.
      And another point, i deal with the poor often and they all say i have no insurance when asked. So either obama care is a farce or it makes my point that the poor are not responsible enough to even sign up for free HC

You serious?
      A persons income determines their. Attendance rate at doctors appointments?

How many doctors appts are missed by kids under 6 on Medicaid vs those on private insurance?

Poor ppl don't go to ER for care for everything
      You can't get immunizations in ER.
      Your kid doesn't get his insulin pump in ER.
      Peds give those out.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
        I do think we all get it. You're the smartest troll on TBH.:
        I'm not smart.
        I just have a heart.
        Compassion for the little man.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
          Hard working man
          Can you define that?
          Is it just because a person swings a shovel in the Texas summer heat that makes him "hard working"????
          Do I not work "hard" for my money since I set my own hours and work in an air conditioned office?

I have nearly 20 years experience in my field with ten years of collegiate/post graduate education (and every year I need to continually learn to upgrade my craft).

I've had to work PLENTY of holidays because a system being down (including 4th of July and Memorial day this year).

Craphole doctor?
          The same one that will save your life when you go to the ER?
          Oh boy...

You're so contradictory it's ridiculous.
          You first accuse me of not being for the "common man"
          But then in the very next sentence you get mad at me for wanting healthcare for "all men"
          Not just those that make above a certain dollar amount.

What you're proposing is that only "hard working" men get access to decent quality health care.
          What I'm proposing is that anyone that makes minimum wage be afforded the same health care as those that make $10M per year.

Same set up we have in education now.

Let's say you have a guy like Ken Murphy or Rex Tillerson living in Carlton Woods in the woodlands.
          Their kids will go to The Woodlands High School.
          On the same token, lil lupita that cleans their house for $10 an hour or serves them donuts at Shipleys may also send her kids to The Woodlands High if she rents a little $800 apartment off Grogans Mill

Now Rex may decide he wants to pay extra and send his kid to The Post Oak school. But that can be the same in healthcare. I don't like the default option, so I'll pay for my own upgraded independent option.

But at least the "hard working man" is afforded the same default quality of life as the aristocrats.

Unless you come from a seriously wealthy family from 200 years ago you too benefited from those "Marxist" policies of the education system.
          Did you go to college?
          Have any federally backed student loans?
          Did you go to a public or private college?
          I'm sure you've benefited from "Marxist" policies all around but you're trying to scream them down.

Did you ever take the "mortgage interest deduction" on your taxes?
          That's a form of govt welfare, you know.
          More govt intrusion in industry.

First, you are conflating my words with someone else's because half of what you linked to me was nothing I said. Secondly, I can honestly answer NO to everything Marxist you tried to attach to me. For K-12, it IS a Marxist enterprise by the State and Federal Governments. What you forget is, it too is done at the point of a gun like all things Marxism. We have no choice in the matter; we go to school or our parents go to jail. We cannot opt out of a Marxist system by design. That is how Marxism is propagated. Not through thriving success but by punitive measures and threats. Just because the State or Federal Governments mandate Marxism doesn't make it sustainable or just.

Your analogy of being hit by a Jet Ski in Cancun is laughable. Have you ever tried to get into Mexico?? Do you know what would happen to you if you were found to be in Mexico illegally?!!? You are trying to equate legal tourists and illegal aliens. If that's all you have then, chalk one up for the Constitution.

I also asked to point out where health care is a Right granted to us in our founding documents. I see you neglected to tackle that one.

Comment

You serious?
            A persons income determines their. Attendance rate at doctors appointments?

How many doctors appts are missed by kids under 6 on Medicaid vs those on private insurance?

Poor ppl don't go to ER for care for everything
            You can't get immunizations in ER.
            Your kid doesn't get his insulin pump in ER.
            Peds give those out.

AGAIN, Medicaid covers that. If parents refuse to care for their kids with provided health care, jail the parents for neglect. Nonetheless, what you're calling for is redundancy.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Don't forget the hard working man will be standing in line behind a bunch of loser free loaders to see this new craphole doctor.

If you want to know what that will be like just go find a place that can't turn people away. Sit in the lobby 30 minutes. I dare you.
              You got that right. Also, everyone should just google the Charlie Gard story. European style healthcare at it's best.

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
              That is sense that people like Texansfan just cannot abide. It doesn't matter what the hard working person wants. He can afford to pay more therefore, you should too. It makes him feel good about himself but moreover, he stays employed.

I challenge anyone to show me in our Constitution or Bill of Rights where anyone has a "Right" to healthcare. Like you asked him before: Why stop there? Why not single-payer housing? Or, a free car? Or, a vacation home in The Hamptons? The "feel-good" argument has no end. If we permit one ounce of this Marxist legislation to gain foothold, we are doomed. Look at our education system. That was by design so the rest of this garbage can get steamrolled through with no resistance from the masses.

When someone begins to claim a right to the services another person must provide, that's essentially claiming that person as a slave.

I'm not smart.
              I just have a heart.
              Compassion for the little man.

Government should never be in the business of legislating and forcing compassion from anyone to anyone else. Forced "compassion" breeds indignation and anger.

Comment

OK, for all the compassionate people that believe health care is a right and should be available to all free of cost, who and how is this going to be paid for. And what happens when the closest doctor to treat you is an hour drive away because all of the other doctors retired because they were not getting paid by the government what they thought they earned and that person has no car- provide them with a government paid for car or does the government go into the shuttle bus service. We're headed down a slippery slope folks.

Comment

If mandated healthcare is such a great thing, then why are legislators that passed it exempt from it? This is a simple question, with an obvious simple answer.

Comment

Healthcare, is a right now?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post

Some on here believe so. We await their rebuttal.

All I hear is crickets.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        If mandated healthcare is such a great thing, then why are legislators that passed it exempt from it? This is a simple question, with an obvious simple answer.
                        Actually...................their employer provides healthcare coverage.That's us by the way.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                          OK, for all the compassionate people that believe health care is a right and should be available to all free of cost, who and how is this going to be paid for. And what happens when the closest doctor to treat you is an hour drive away because all of the other doctors retired because they were not getting paid by the government what they thought they earned and that person has no car- provide them with a government paid for car or does the government go into the shuttle bus service. We're headed down a slippery slope folks.
                          Same way public k-12 schools are paid for
                          Or Head Start
                          Do you not know there is a bus that round up vets and takes them to the VA?
                          This is for VA all over the country.

Comment

Dems running on the free health care platform has nothing to do with what it costs nor how it can be executed. it only has to do with getting votes from folks that are scared of loosing their Obama care.

There was once a super smart young man running for 8th grade president. He started campaigning months early.. Spoke of meeting with faculty and getting a better curriculum. He talked of higher grade requirements for sports. Getting GT courses available, etc..

The day before the election, little Suzy decided to run. She gave a speech and said if she was elected, there would be free icecream all day long. She won by a landslide.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                              Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                              Some on here believe so. We await their rebuttal.

All I hear is crickets.....
                              Same way education is.
                              Why is it a "right" for kids to learn about ancient Egypt but not for adults to be cured from pancreatic cancer?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                Dems running on the free health care platform has nothing to do with what it costs nor how it can be executed. it only has to do with getting votes from folks that are scared of loosing their Obama care.

There was once a super smart young man running for 8th grade president. He started campaigning months early.. Spoke of meeting with faculty and getting a better curriculum. He talked of higher grade requirements for sports. Getting GT courses available, etc..

The day before the election, little Suzy decided to run. She gave a speech and said if she was elected, there would be free icecream all day long. She won by a landslide.
                                Remove the dems from this
                                They have nothing to do with this now
                                When republicans run the house and Senate and can't agree on the issue now what do you have to say????

This is not about party affiliation so why make it out to be?

Comment

Working...
                                X