Valet wrecked my truck. Info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    Get it fixed, give them a detailed invoice for the repairs, get paid for repairs. Keep in out of the insurance company's hands. The end.

Mistakes happen, no sense in making a big deal out of it.
    I disagree. I would contact my Insurance Company ASAP. Best to have the Big Dog if needed.

I trust, but it's too easy to fire the valet and delete the video

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      10-4. We will see how that goes. Main focus is the truck.
      I think they fix your pickup 100%. The kid has admitted fault. Right now that kid is getting his *** ripped by his boss for admitting fault. I bet it's not on video. If it's not on video they would fight you tooth and nail had the kid not already said he did it. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        They should make it right; however, I would let your insurance deal with the repair procedure and the insurance company will settle with Omni.

Having said that, $760 for 1 night better have come with a spa/massage package, Dinner for two and unlimited drinks and a Bedait in the bathroom
        ^^^^ this ^^^^ your insurance company should be your advocate

Comment

Turns out the guy that wrecked it and admitted fault was the front desk supervisor.

Comment

Keep the pictures as proof when someone says "diminished value for body work" No way that little bit of damage should cause diminished value IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
              Keep the pictures as proof when someone says "diminished value for body work" No way that little bit of damage should cause diminished value IMO.
              I hope it doesn’t. But body damage is body damage in my eyes. My truck was spotless when it arrived. Which means it held considerable trade in/resale value. And now, even after the repairs, will have a body damage repair on its record.

Comment

Meh.... It’s a truck. Rub some dirt on it

Comment

Most of those valet services are contracted out and not associated with the hotel as employees, might want to check on that as well.

Comment

the valet peeps are covered by the hotel insurance. So, they should fix your truck and pay you any depreciation caused by the damage and subsequent repair. Keep all the paper work and pics for proof when you sell it.

Not sure they will refund the charge for the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Meh.... It’s a truck. Rub some dirt on it
                      Yeah, somebody hit mine in a Walmart parking lot 3 weeks after I bought it. It’s had that dent in the side since 2010. Lol

Comment

Talk about timing. I just checked into the Omni Mokara literally 10 minutes ago. Refused to pay them $42 per night for parking so I parked in the city garage 1 block away for $10 per night. I had no desire to let someone else park my truck in these small parking places.

Comment

What does all the fine print on the back of the valet ticket say ?

Comment

Well the other half a few years back, Backed out of the carport driving her 14 High Country ( backup camera included ) backed into my daughters 08 Silverado both trucks repaired thru insurance. We traded it in for 19 a few weeks back and got what Kelly Blue Book showed for it almost 24K.
                            Totally shocked and didn’t see any depreciation on it at trade in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

that's what you get for staying in a flea-bag dump like that!

Have you contacted the hotel management?

It's likely that the valet and the hotel are two separate entities.

Diminished value is unlikely to be very much on those damages, probably sub $1,000, and you probably won't be recovering it unless they accept liability and pay under their insurance. You can always just file a small claim suit against the valet and the hotel and let their attorney work out a settlement with you.

You can also file with your carrier, but some will mark it as an at-fault accident which will affect your rates going forward, since you gave them permission to drive your vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                that's what you get for staying in a flea-bag dump like that!

Have you contacted the hotel management?

It's likely that the valet and the hotel are two separate entities.

Diminished value is unlikely to be very much on those damages, probably sub $1,000, and you won't be recovering it unless they accept liability and pay under their insurance.

You can always file with your carrier, but some will mark it as an at-fault accident which will affect your rates going forward, since you gave them permission to drive your vehicle.
                                Yes I have. Spoke with them when I got home. Supposed to speak with the director tomorrow to follow up with their insurance. They confirmed the names and who was responsible again this evening just to ease my mind. I think it’ll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X