Grizzly stick?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grizzly stick?????

As many of you know I am headed to hunt the big Bears of Alaska this summer. Will be hunting grizzly in June and brown bear in August. I think I have the arrow setup and bow. Arrow is an Easton fmj injexion 330 with 125 grain solid broadhead. Total weight right at 500 grains. My nitrum 34 shoots those arrows at 285 fps. Of course I have my Texas flag wrap on there so these big bears know what southern boys are all about. Getting pumped already!

Heck, I forgot to attach the pic of the arrow. Here you go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425528655.366446.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	321.2 KB
ID:	24367652

Comment

Good luck.

What is the difference between a bown bear and a grizzly?

Comment

Diet

Comment

The difference is a somewhat arbitrary line. Most people think it is distance from the coast which is part of the story. Brown bears tend to be coastal bears and are usually bigger due to better diet. As you get further north in Alaska they are classified as grizzly. I believe all the big Bears in bc are classified as grizzly. Essentially the same animal but different classification for organizations such as p&y, sci, b&c, and super slam. Grizzly tend to be most dangerous and most aggressive.

Comment

[ATTACH]697997[/ATTACH]

Comment

What's the kinetic energy on that setup??

Comment

That should be an awesome hunt. Never had bear, Is the meat any good? Seems like there would be a bunch of it because those boogers are huge. That GK broadhead will definitely get it done.

Comment

Grizzly and brown bear are usually the only animals I know of you don't have to take the meat. I don't know anyone who has eaten it. I have tried black bear and it wasn't bad. I liked bear meat much better in the crab pots in bc. Traded bear meat for dungeoness crabs. The heads are solids. I need deep six heads and I like that one for big stuff. Not sure on the ke but it should work just fine.

Comment

Best of luck! Summer can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Bout 90# of KE? That should blow through em. Good luck on the hunt. Looking forward to a live hunt thread.

Comment

Good luck, sounds awesome!

Comment

I looked at a ke calculator and it was just over 90 ft lb. I dinged up my shoulder last weekend but I think it's going to hold together for a little longer. I have to finish up the 2 dozen fmj's I am building then I will start the testing and shooting. I blew through a moose almost full body length this year with an all Carbon injexion weighing 450 grains so I think the setup will be good.

Comment

You shooting the 3/4" bleeders doc ?

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                              You shooting the 3/4" bleeders doc ?
                              The heads I got in have the 3/4 in bleeders. I actually wanted the smaller bleeder blades as I want max penetration. I ordered ones I got through Lancaster and have some of the smaller bleeder ones coming through my local shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X