photoshop & photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Super-Dave- View Post
    Well that clears up that! I'll give it a shot with new upcoming photos. Do you all save your orinigals after editing or trash 'em? Has anyone ever worked with ACDSee Pro 2.5?
    I keep all my original photos as well as the edited copies. I only keep what I like, or what has potential to be used. Everything else gets trashed because there are just too many photos to keep. Everything that is important I have 2 copies of and the most important shots I have 3 copies of. Hope this helped.

Comment

I don't think there is anything wrong with editing an image, as long as the original subject isn't "lost!" I've worked with a few different programs, and Photoshop is still my favorite!

Comment

Along these same lines, I'm using Photoshop Elements. Is that just a watered down version of another Photoshop product?

I see no problem in cleaning up an image either. The technology is there to make changes to a digital format in many of the same ways the darkroom allowed dodge/burn, crop and so forth.

Comment

What's the difference in a great photo right from a camera and a great photo right from a computer program? Both took man made equipment to produce. Some are better at one than the other and some are like me, not good with either. Love seeing the beautiful ones put on the site. Thanks

Comment

Digitally Altering Photos

Photos from most digital cameras need a little altering to be the best that photo could be. Sharpening is definitely helpful--but do not overdo it. Contrast, brightening, cropping, resizing, etc. all help in particular situations. I use Photoshop and find that Photoshop Elements has most of the tools needed to prepair a photo. Also, FastStone Image Viewer, a free program, is a good program to do many alterations to a photo.

Comment

this is like asking the diff between traditional shooters and those who put wheels on their bows.

you're given a tool - use it.

Comment

I wish Russell Graves would chime in on this subject and explain what he does to his photos and how he goes about it.

Comment

Working...
                X