Threading barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threading barrel

On average what do people charge(Austin area and mid gulf coast area) to thread barrels and install a muzzle brake?

Any recommendations?

following I have the same question in the dfw area

Comment

We are the leader in barrel threading with over 7000 barrels complete. We thread for over 60 companies & provide cnc parts for several suppressor manufacturers.

Morgan Richey at class three machining is $50 for standard threading. Best in the business IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ABroussard View Post
        https://class3machining.com/

Morgan Richey at class three machining is $50 for standard threading. Best in the business IMO.
        X2 he’s done several for me.

Comment

His web site looks good and guarantees. I was against having this done but this is changing my mind. Wish he were in the Houston area

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
            following I have the same question in the dfw area

Pm me what u got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ABroussard View Post
              https://class3machining.com/

X3 - For me, he's done two AR barrels, and one pistol (moved sights back, and threaded the bull barrel on my 22/45). He does good work.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdShot View Post
                X3 - For me, he's done two AR barrels, and one pistol (moved sights back, and threaded the bull barrel on my 22/45). He does good work.
                How much did that run you on the 22/45 for sight move and thread? Looking to do the same to mine soon.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                  How much did that run you on the 22/45 for sight move and thread? Looking to do the same to mine soon.
                  Sorry, I can't remember off the top of my head...been several years ago.

Only thing I would have done differently is have him shorten the barrel as well...long rifle ammo is still going supersonic, so the 'crack' sound is still there.

Found a deal on a little Walther P22, that runs long rifle ammo fine...with its shorter barrel and Huntertown suppressor, the sound of the bullet hitting the target board is louder than the sound of the shot.

Comment

Morgan is the wtg

Comment

Morgan @ C3 for sure

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdShot View Post
                        Sorry, I can't remember off the top of my head...been several years ago.

Only thing I would have done differently is have him shorten the barrel as well...long rifle ammo is still going supersonic, so the 'crack' sound is still there.

Found a deal on a little Walther P22, that runs long rifle ammo fine...with its shorter barrel and Huntertown suppressor, the sound of the bullet hitting the target board is louder than the sound of the shot.
                        I may have to give them a call. My local smith was going to be close to 300 and at that cost can buy a new upper and be done.

Thanks for the info on the length as well. I was going to get mine cut down to 2.5-3 inches long then thread to knock my velocity down. Should still kill coyotes in a trap with a dome shot just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post

Thanks for the info on the length as well. I was going to get mine cut down to 2.5-3 inches long then thread to knock my velocity down.
                          I think the limit for .22 long rifle barrels is somewhere around 4" or so before they go supersonic. Morgan may know more about that, make sure to look into it, or ask him about it when you talk to him.

Comment

I need to get a couple done in DFW area.

Comment

Does Cerakote create an issue for threading? Does it chip or flake?

Comment

Working...
                              X