Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head shot only.

Comment

3" #6 at 18yds worked perfect - head shot folded up. Daughter took her first when she was 10. We were in a pop-up tent, came to call and hen decoys. Hunt I'll never forget.

Comment

Ttt
        Anybody use the federal tss shells in .410 for turkey? Curious if they might make a .410 with a modified choke acceptable for turkey hunting. Would like to be able to shoot at least 25 yards. They are expensive so curious what others experiences are with them?

Comment

I have.a .410 double barrel that has killed many geese in its day. 3 inch no. 6 to the head will fold them up dead every time. We pass it from layout blind to layout blind during the hunt. It is amazing how many mediocre shots double with the .410 because they concentrate.

Comment

.410 will work if you shoot them in the face!

Comment

My daughter when she was 11 shot a nice Tom with single shot .410, 3” 6’s, bird was about 20yds. We were in a pop up tent. A hunt we both will never forget. Called him in from way out, super cool!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                My daughter has managed 3 turkeys with her 410. All shots have been 20yds or less. No issues.
                Ya, but two were with one shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
                  Ya, but two were with one shot.
                  more economical

Comment

It will do the job at closer distance

Comment

My son shot his first gobbler when he was 9 with a 410. I have seen a truck load of turkey shot and that is the only one I have seen when shot who’s head was the first thing that hit the ground and he never twitched!!!

Comment

410 will easily kill a turkey...my dad killed one 2 years ago with his old childhood gun.

Rather than the typical #4 or #6 lead, I'd highly recommend some TSS #9's. The #4's don't give you a lot of room for error.

Shopping for the HEAVYWEIGHT TSS - Learn more about the latest HEAVYWEIGHT TSS and other hunting or shooting gear at Federal Ammunition.

Comment

Yes it will, use TSS #9 or #10. Should be fun as heck!

Comment

Heck yeah.

Comment

If you're up real close.

Comment

I have called up and witnessed gobblers killed with .410's on several occasions. Shoot 5 or 6 shot in 3 inch shells if you can. If not, just 5 or 6 shot and keep shots under 35 yards with extra full choke. If shooting a full choke I would reduce the range to 30 yards.
                                I called a bird in for a fellow on a Browning hunt on 700 Springs Ranch years ago and he missed at about 25 steps. I kept calling and got the bird settled down and got him back to about 20 steps where the hunter redeemed himself. This is the only time I ever remember calling a bird back to the same spot here he had just been shot at. It took about 45 minutes to get him back the second time.
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X