Clear All

Sharpstick we would drive twin trucks if they made them

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
      04....210k...water pump only

08....308k....not a single problem mechanically

I would buy another one

Same engine in 20 years....while Ford is on their 4th
      The duramax’s displacement may have stayed the same, but it is not the same engine over the last 20 years. LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM, LML, and L5P. Hopefully I didn’t miss a version in there...

Comment

28 yrs and i only drive chevy trucks! Never had any issues at all!!
        Brother drive fords and dodges and seen them taken off in a wrecker, my dad and I love giving them ****...

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
          The duramax’s displacement may have stayed the same, but it is not the same engine over the last 20 years. LB7, LLY, LBZ, LMM, LML, and L5P. Hopefully I didn’t miss a version in there...
          Yep. Not even close to the same motor besides sharing the same name and displacement lol

Comment

I have a 2016 coming up on 65k. No problems at all with it. Just routine maintanance. Smoothest driving truck I have ever owned. No fancy bells and whistles here, cloth seats, manual shift 4 wheel drive just plain meat and taters. But it does its job. Pulls like a train.

Comment

On my 3rd one now (2007, 2010 and 2020). Bought a 2017 f250 between this one and the last one. It was a good truck too. Love my new 2020 though. The 10 speed transmission is AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                Yep. Not even close to the same motor besides sharing the same name and displacement lol
                semantics....

Same displacement and base....

Same motor guys...

Comment

Not even close. That’s like saying the 5.0 of today is the same motor in the 80s model foxbodys just because they share the same displacement. It couldn’t be further from the truth. Personally I think the L5P is the best diesel motor on the market right now, but to say it’s anything other than related in name to the LBZ or LB7 is an outright lie when you’re whole point is to make fun of the competition for changing motors 4 times lol

Comment

Not even close. That’s like saying the 5.0 of today is the same motor in the 80s model foxbodys just because they share the same displacement. It couldn’t be further from the truth. Personally I think the L5P is the best diesel motor on the market right now, but to say it’s anything other than related in name to the LBZ or LB7 is an outright lie when you’re whole point is to make fun of the competition for changing motors 4 times lol
                    tomato....tomatto

Comment

I have a 2015 duramax 3500 w single rear wheels- no issues with it at all. 180000 miles on it. It pulls our very heavy 5th wheel down the road like it’s not back there-have to pay attention or I’ll be doing 80 before I realize it. I am very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have had a bunch. Have had good luck with all of them. have a 13 with 320K, put a fuel pump in it. Have a 15 with 180k and only put an alternator on it. have a 17 with 114k and no issuses.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                          Something seriously wrong with their truck or maybe insertbrandfanboy... my 07 Duramax was the best truck I ever owned. And would get high teens hand calculated on the highway, on 37s, driving like an a-hole.
                          Ya I agree with you should be better than that. But he said a 1 ton dually prolly had a 410 rear end it will not ever get 18.

Comment

Defi Italy don’t like the looks of the 2020 models and the interiors aren’t nearly as nice as the Ram and Ford but the Duramax is a solid engine. Not sure about the new 10 speed “Allison” transmission yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What is different other than computer upgrades and the EPA bull squat?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                Defi Italy don’t like the looks of the 2020 models and the interiors aren’t nearly as nice as the Ram and Ford but the Duramax is a solid engine. Not sure about the new 10 speed “Allison” transmission yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Interiors are pretty subjective. Fords definitely are nice but after looking at newer Rams I can't say I would agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X