Workout Routines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workout Routines

Always looking for new workout routines, bootcamp/cross fit style work outs and also free-weight strength workouts. Here is yesterdays.

Share some of your favorites
    Attached Files

Spent 2 hours grappling on BJJ mats last night. I haven't found a workout routine that pushes me as hard and I don't quit as someone trying to choke me out.

Comment

Next week’s routine

To the above... The workout isn't what "pushes [you]".. you push yourself. You get out what you put in.

OP, every 6 weeks or so, I will go to some bootcamp-style classes at the gym. Mix things up a bit. That stuff, similar to what you posted, is killer when its not what you're used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by BlackHogDown; 07-25-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post

Next week’s routine

To the above... The workout isn't what "pushes [you]".. you push yourself. You get out what you put in.

I agree, just noticed that when you feel like you're fighting for your life, you go farther than you thought you could.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
          I agree, just noticed that when you feel like you're fighting for your life, you go farther than you thought you could.
          Gotcha. If it helps, throw a belt around your neck in the squat rack LOL Used to "roll" a bit with an old roommate of mine. Heck of a workout

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post

Next week’s routine

OP, every 6 weeks or so, I will go to some bootcamp-style classes at the gym. Mix things up a bit. That stuff, similar to what you posted, is killer when its not what you're used to.

Its hot for sure..the gym I go too is not air conditioned.. Monday at 6:00 PM it was 108 degrees inside doing a boot camp style work out for an hour. I don't mind the heat tho..I would rather it be 100 than 30

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
              Its hot for sure..the gym I go too is not air conditioned.. Monday at 6:00 PM it was 108 degrees inside doing a boot camp style work out for an hour. I don't mind the heat tho..I would rather it be 100 than 30
              Lol I agree! The point is to sweat. Got a chuckle yesterday watching the ladies fanning themselves with the sheet containing their workout. 74* in the gym and they were barely starting their warm up!

That said, im heading to Chi-town tomorrow and am looking forward to the cool weather. Low of 68 all weekend!

Interested in seeing some more routines. Good idea, bud.

Comment

I follow the Open athletes programming on:

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I do mostly body weight stuff. Just started the other day a new one that I do every other day and do how ever many sets it takes to complete each. At least 100 incline and regular diamond push ups with your hands as close to your waist as possible. At least 25 of each wide grip pull ups and and closed grip chin ups. And 50 dips. I do legs the other day of basically dumbbell goblet squats, lunges or whatever else I feel like. Jump rope for at least a couple hundred jumps with a jump rope on leg day. I do abs just about every day with planks, dragon flags, bicycles etc. I workout at home and body weight stuff works best for me.

Comment

Our CrossFit gym has no AC (except for in the owners office) and it’s freaking hot!! Absolutely miserable up there in the afternoons, I went last week to one 5:00 PM class and it quickly reminded me why i go in the mornings.

Comment

The anytime fitness app has a lot of great workout plans built in. I think you should be able to access them even if you're not a member. Give it a try and then you can select different categories of workouts or build your own.

Comment

Today's workout will probably be:

12 - Deadlifts (135 lbs)
                          12 - Pull Ups
                          12 - Push Ups
                          12 - Balls Slams (20 lbs)

12 Rounds!

Comment

After 25 years in the gym the best program is just going. Make it a habit just to go. If you step inside the door turn around and go home it's ok. The habit is more important than anything you can write on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson View Post
                              After 25 years in the gym the best program is just going. Make it a habit just to go. If you step inside the door turn around and go home it's ok. The habit is more important than anything you can write on paper.
                              Good Advice.

Make exercise YOUR habit.

Comment

Working...
                              X