No announcement yet.

Extreme Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't really remember for sure but wasn't last summer not that bad at all heat wise? Very few 100 degree days?

Comment

On Saturday at 2:30 pm I was driving through Colorado and the outside temp gauge on my truck showed 52 degrees!! Now I want to move there. When I was a young buck the heat didn’t bother me much, but those days are long past.

When you are naked, sitting in the shade, and still sweat like crazy then it is too hot!!!

Comment

I am headed to the lease in Mertzon this weekend and projected high is 106 for both Saturday and Sunday. The old AC in the camper won't even start to cool down till about midnight.

Comment

Son has a baseball tournament this weekend, oh boy!!! Thankfully he isn't the only catcher on the team or he'd be dying.

Comment

Been pretty mild considering a few years ago it was 100plus for 80plus days.

Comment

It was 62 on this AM’s hike. It will be 100 on this evenings hike. 20% humidity today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                It's summer in Texas. Is it me or isn't it always hot this time of year?

So it’s always 110-111 daily in the summer where you live?

This kinda heat is worth talking about

Comment

Truck said 112 headed down the highway. Days like this I’m glad I don’t work out in the heat anymore.

Comment

Summer 2011 is officially the second hottest on record for the United States and the hottest ever for Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Louisiana, according to a release from the National Oceanic and Atmosphere Association (NOAA).

Texas took the lead as the hottest state this summer and now holds the record for having the warmest summer on record of any state.

Dallas, Austin, Waco, Wichita Falls, San Angelo, San Antonio, Del Rio and Abilene had their warmest summers on record in terms of the highest mean temperature. August 2011 became the warmest month ever recorded in most of these cities.

Dallas just hit the 100-degree mark for the 70th time this year, making it the highest number of 100-degree days ever recorded in a year there.

Number of 100-degree days for select cities (as of Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011) --Wichita Falls: 100 days --San Angelo: 96 days --Waco: 85 days --Del Rio: 82 days --Austin (Mabry): 83 days --Austin (Bergstrom): 69 days --Abilene: 79 days --Dallas: 70 days

It will be OK. The sky is not falling. It is just summer.....in Texas....like most summers in Texas it is hot. This report was from 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                      Summer 2011 is officially the second hottest on record for the United States and the hottest ever for Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Louisiana, according to a release from the National Oceanic and Atmosphere Association (NOAA).

Texas took the lead as the hottest state this summer and now holds the record for having the warmest summer on record of any state.

Dallas, Austin, Waco, Wichita Falls, San Angelo, San Antonio, Del Rio and Abilene had their warmest summers on record in terms of the highest mean temperature. August 2011 became the warmest month ever recorded in most of these cities.

Dallas just hit the 100-degree mark for the 70th time this year, making it the highest number of 100-degree days ever recorded in a year there.

Number of 100-degree days for select cities (as of Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2011) --Wichita Falls: 100 days --San Angelo: 96 days --Waco: 85 days --Del Rio: 82 days --Austin (Mabry): 83 days --Austin (Bergstrom): 69 days --Abilene: 79 days --Dallas: 70 days

It will be OK. The sky is not falling. It is just summer.....in Texas....like most summers in Texas it is hot. This report was from 2011.

It’s will be ok... folks twisting your arm to read these threads won’t kill you either. ..

Comment

Gonna be fun keeping crappie alive in 108 degrees Sat! I might jump in a few times to cool off!!

Comment

Somebody was hauling a load of hay today west bound on I-30 @ Fate and the hay caught on fire. Hay and trailer burned up. Long traffic backup. I was in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            Gonna be fun keeping crappie alive in 108 degrees Sat! I might jump in a few times to cool off!!

I hear ya. I have a frozen block of ice ready for the livewell

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                              I hear ya. I have a frozen block of ice ready for the livewell
                              and I always jump in this time of year

Comment

Originally posted by shunter14 View Post
                                Working in North Dakota for most of the Texas summer hasn’t been all that bad lol. High 70s to low 80s for the high and 50s in the mornings / nights. I’d still take the Texas heat over being in North Dakota haha.

I grew up in ND. Much rather be there in the summer but no way in the winters!

Comment

Working...
                                X