No announcement yet.

Best Catfish Lake In Texas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm by no means a fisherman, but ive eaten a ton of catfish caught off of Lake Buchanan.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Livingston...bar none. Proven by the need for a 50 fish per day limit opposed to the rest of the state's 25 per day.
      Lake Palestine also has a 50 fish per day limit with no minimum length requirement. My vote however is Richland Chambers for catfish.

Comment

I appreciate all the info guys! I’m pretty pumped to get out there.

Comment

Y'all will call me crazy but Lake Fork is excellent for channel cat. There's a guy on TFF called "Stubby" that will be happy to help you out if you ever go fish there. He also makes and sells his own bait.

Comment

Caddo

Comment

Originally posted by JFRITZ06 View Post
              Choke is at 28% capacity right now! I wonder what effect that has on the fish?
              I know the lake level has killed my style of catching monster blues out of that lake. Lots of figuring out every time. Back when the lake was full, we would basically keep fish in a 5-15lb slot and throw everything else back just to avoid hours at the cleaning table.

Comment

Livingston for me... was fishing a Striper Tournament one time and I don’t know how many blues we caught doubled anchored fishing cut bait. All between 10-20lbs. Only time I ever had fish break an Ugly Stik rod at the base, 4 inches above the reel. When I set the hook he hit back and **** near jerked me out of the boat. Rod snapped and I fought him for a little bit but the fish got tangle in anchor rope and broke off

Comment

Tawakoni and Richland Chambers are great. (haven't fished Livingston, though)

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Livingston...bar none. Proven by the need for a 50 fish per day limit opposed to the rest of the state's 25 per day.

I’m agreeing with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't forget Texoma.

Tawakoni is excellent.

Comment

Lots on Livingston. I think I’m going to have to try it out. Looks like I’ll be able to get away in two weeks.

I’ve got a buddy that went out last weekend on Palestine and ended up with over 100lbs of fillets. It’s just a lot further for me then Livingston.

Comment

Tawakoni. Catfish capital of Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by JFRITZ06 View Post
                            Lots on Livingston. I think I’m going to have to try it out. Looks like I’ll be able to get away in two weeks.

I’ve got a buddy that went out last weekend on Palestine and ended up with over 100lbs of fillets. It’s just a lot further for me then Livingston.
                            Good choice my uncle made his living as a commercial cat fisherman on Livingston. There may be others who have a better idea of where to go, but I would stay around the 190 area, if you're hauling a trailer down. There's a nice KOA at the 190 bridge, and another nice park, Northshore, at the Kickapoo bridge

Comment

Tawakoni's awful good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                                Tawakoni's awful good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                                agreed BUT they tend to be muddier tasteing...I vote the big L..

Comment

Working...
                                X