2011 Polaris Ranger Diesel Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
    I put some Kanati Mongrels on my Ranger EV. They have been great in all types of terrain and are a 10 ply.
    GBC does make some nice tires. They are on my short list of options. Thanks for the input

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

A little google studying says 28's fit, but rub when you're turned all the way and have any flex on your ranger. I'd just lift it and be done with it. Can't be hard. Bring it to the ranch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
        A little google studying says 28's fit, but rub when you're turned all the way and have any flex on your ranger. I'd just lift it and be done with it. Can't be hard. Bring it to the ranch

In a stock sized tire, which is wider, they rub. I'm reading that if you do truck tires, like he suggested, you can get away with it. These would be more narrow and might clear? I'd sure like to borrow one of Kumathebears to put on my Ranger before I run off and buy them.

I'm struggling to figure all this out for my 2011 Ranger Crew before making the leap to truck tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          In a stock sized tire, which is wider, they rub. I'm reading that if you do truck tires, like he suggested, you can get away with it. These would be more narrow and might clear? I'd sure like to borrow one of Kumathebears to put on my Ranger before I run off and buy them.

I'm struggling to figure all this out for my 2011 Ranger Crew before making the leap to truck tires.

What's the advantage of truck tires? Just getting a skinnier size so they clear? I'd rather have the more aggressive utv tires

Comment

I just checked and mine at 26x10 on 12" wheels. They don't rub but I doubt I can run a 27" unless it was more narrow. But Your machine may have a little more clearance than mine.

Before going with these Mongrels I researched tons! Almost went the truck tire route. I think the tires designed for UTVs have more " bounce" and act as part of the suspension, or are responsible for part of the smooth ride. I think you would lose some of that with a truck tire. But that's just my opinion. If I were running mainly on roads I'd look harder at a truck tire, but I don't run many roads.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
              What's the advantage of truck tires? Just getting a skinnier size so they clear? I'd rather have the more aggressive utv tires

Ride and longevity mainly. I don't do a lot of mudding in mine. I'm on hard pack roads, hard sand, etc in south Texas. I don't need that aggressive of a tire. I use it in the neighborhood on pavement at times too. If you need the aggressive tire, the UTV tires are the way to go. A mud terrain would suit me fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                Ride and longevity mainly. I don't do a lot of mudding in mine. I'm on hard pack roads, hard sand, etc in south Texas. I don't need that aggressive of a tire. I use it in the neighborhood on pavement at times too. If you need the aggressive tire, the UTV tires are the way to go. A mud terrain would suit me fine.

Ya I bet truck tires would last a really long time. I work the crap out of that kubota rtv. Need the knobbies to get through muddy roads

Comment

Working...
                X