87 Sammy hunting buggy build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 Sammy hunting buggy build

I picked up this 87 Sammy yesterday off craigslist for $1500 and planning to make it a hunting buggy. I am usually an electric golf cart guy but our new lease has some really long trips over VERY hilly terrain and it's hard on the cart sometimes. Utv's are too loud which is why I use electric. Well with my two girls getting bigger we need more room and I wanted something gas to get around the lease that was still "open air" like a cart or sidexside but that was quiter like a car. Well here is the solution and at the cost as a stock golf cart.
    She runs good, is already lifted and I like the fact that the doors had already been removed. Makes it easier to get in and out.

I plan to had a little high seat in back. Make an extended bed to haul stuff, custom front bumper, new tires either a paint job or rhino line, add some extra lights and hinge the front wind sheild where it will drop down. Will also plan to drop an automatic tranny in it from a donor. It's a busy time for me but I will try to update as I get it done.

Looks like a it will be a fun project!

Comment

I have a 88 Sammy and love it! I need to take my doors off to make a little more room. They def were not made of a 6'1" guy. Keep fuel stabilizer in it. I think they get around 200 miles to the gallon!

Comment

Our build.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=ZUIK

There is a fold down window kit out there that replaces the factory hinges. Its a must have.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
          Our build.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=ZUIK

There is a fold down window kit out there that replaces the factory hinges. Its a must have.
          Very simar to what I plan to do but swap where you put the feeder and cargo rack.

I am thinking about getting triple c welding to build me a roof like he does for rangers

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
            I have a 88 Sammy and love it! I need to take my doors off to make a little more room. They def were not made of a 6'1" guy. Keep fuel stabilizer in it. I think they get around 200 miles to the gallon!
            Taking the doors off is a must for big guys. I was cramped in one I drove that had doors. This gives you plenty of I knee space. I'm 6'2 320 and I can fit. I am going to re mount the seats about 2-3" back to give a little more room.

Comment

Cool deal, Jack....That's going to be a sweet hunting rig.

Comment

I would make it mouse prof

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                  I would make it mouse prof
                  As you have prob seen I have another thread regarding out rat problem.

Comment

Alright finally have a free day even tho there is other things I should be doing. Got her jacked up and about to start demo.
                    Taking out;
                    Tires/wheels
                    Seats
                    Bumpers
                    Also whe. The previous owner did spring over they added several extra leaf springs all the way around, not sure why. Gonna take the extras off.

Comment

Comment

Got her stripped down, little tune up work and battery swapped.

Comment

Some pretty good rust in passenger floor board. Gonna cut out and patch with sheet metal.

Other than a few other random surface rust areas it's in pretty good shape

Comment

You should in stall access doors in stead of patching for two reasons.
                            1 lock your keys in it.
                            2 get high centered your friend can dig under the truck and still be sitting down.

Looks good.

Comment

Hopefully we won't have to worry about high centered in this one

Comment

Working...
                              X