Bow Target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Target

Need a new target for the yard. I have always had good luck with the academy brand bag targets but the last one I just bought this week is terrible. I have to struggle to get the arrows out and last evening I had to cut I arrow out of the bag after it got stuck inside. I have a frame I hang the bag from and I leave it outside until its time to get another one, so I would prefer a bag type vs a block one which I already have for shooting broadheads.

I quit buying commercil targets except for a block for BH shooting. I built my own out of layered carpet pieces. Stays outside year-round, covered with a cheap Harbor Freight tarp, and lasts me about 6-8 years before I need more carpet layers. You can go to Archery Talk, to the DIY forum and search for "layered carpet target" and find lots of info.

Comment

X2 what dustoffer said. I built this target in about 2013 and it is still going strong. I rearrange the stuffing and swap out the carpet face about once per year. I holds up very well in the weather.
      (I have Block for broadheads)

Click image for larger version

Name:	target1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	24621085

Click image for larger version

Name:	target1 (2).jpg
Views:	11
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	24621086

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        X2 what dustoffer said. I built this target in about 2013 and it is still going strong. I rearrange the stuffing and swap out the carpet face about once per year. I holds up very well in the weather.

[ATTACH]1007749[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1007750[/ATTACH]
        That's pretty interesting I will look into that homemade idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DM3 View Post
          That's pretty interesting I will look into that homemade idea.
          I stuffed it with the guts of two old shot-out bag targets, some pallet wrap and some chunks of foam from the cushions of a discarded couch

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post

[ATTACH]1007749[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1007750[/ATTACH]
            What is the black cover made of?? And where do you get it??

Comment

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
              What is the black cover made of?? And where do you get it??
              It is just cheap indoor/outdoor carpet. The green stuff holding in the stuffing is plastic poultry netting.

Comment

Originally posted by DM3 View Post
                Need a new target for the yard. I have always had good luck with the academy brand bag targets but the last one I just bought this week is terrible. I have to struggle to get the arrows out and last evening I had to cut I arrow out of the bag after it got stuck inside. I have a frame I hang the bag from and I leave it outside until its time to get another one, so I would prefer a bag type vs a block one which I already have for shooting broadheads.
                First thing I would do is check my field points and make sure they are not a bigger diameter then your arrow. If they are, that is the reason they are getting stuck in the target. Get some smaller diameter field points and you will be good to go.

Comment

Working...
                X