Best way to KAP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to KAP?

I have 2 groups around 25 pigs each eating all the corn at 4 feeders twice a day within hours of the feeders going off.

I have positions at close and long distances...i could sit in a bow blind with a semi automatic shotgun and 5 rds of 00 buck, or I have a 223 that I could sit in a rifle stand. I also have a bolt action 30-06... Maybe 2 shots I could get off.

Trapping isn't an option, nor is tannerite. What is the best method to K A P?

A short cattle panel fence is best to keep them off the corn

Comment

00 Buck

Comment

Shotgun out of the choices you mentioned. If you know anyone that has thermal on an AR-15 that's the best option. Best hog killin weapon there is in my opinion. Even better if it's suppressed.

Comment

That's gents. I will let it rain.

Comment

Guessing you’re not around the Houston area? If you are I’ll bring a thermal out and have some fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
              Guessing you’re not around the Houston area? If you are I’ll bring a thermal out and have some fun!

Unfortunately, no. And even more unfortunate, no guests allowed at my lease. Hoping another lease member is able to join me.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                Unfortunately, no. And even more unfortunate, no guests allowed at my lease. Hoping another lease member is able to join me.

Well a shotgun with a good extension tube would definitely put a hurting on them. If you’ve got a suppressor then maybe invest in a good weapon light and go to town in the dark?

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
                  Well a shotgun with a good extension tube would definitely put a hurting on them. If you’ve got a suppressor then maybe invest in a good weapon light and go to town in the dark?

I also have a Grendel with IR and a sightmark wraith, but unfortunately I haven't had time to sight it in.

Comment

Helicopters

Comment

Tannerite...........Just sayin.........Lol

Comment

Take another hunter or two with you if you have the room to do it safely with shotguns.

Comment

I do have the room. Would slugs be more effective in this situation?

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            I have 2 groups around 25 pigs each eating all the corn at 4 feeders twice a day within hours of the feeders going off.

I have positions at close and long distances...i could sit in a bow blind with a semi automatic shotgun and 5 rds of 00 buck, or I have a 223 that I could sit in a rifle stand. I also have a bolt action 30-06... Maybe 2 shots I could get off.

Trapping isn't an option, nor is tannerite. What is the best method to K A P?

Based on the options you listed, I would hedge my bet by getting in your bow blind with the shotgun/buckshot set up.

I’ve seen guys use this method to zap 5-7 hogs at a time by strategically placing their bait corn to optimize their efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

How close are to your corn will be the determining factor. Personally would prefer 00 buckshot for this attack if less than 50 yds. And pull the plug out and load 'em up.
                              Last edited by Pstraw; 10-10-2020, 04:14 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Working...
                              X