• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guiso[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      What I miss a lot is chicken fried venison. I could eat that stuff for many days straight. For some reason, my wife does not fry food, does not matter what it is she does not fry food, but she will order and eat fried food, just never fries anything. I have not had fried venison in a long time. My wife fixes it all types of other ways, but not fried yet. I got to work on getting her to fry some up.
      She don’t wanna fry in her house. Get her a electric outdoor fryer. I really don’t known if that’s the issue but it is ours. We do not dry indoors.

Comment

The heart conversation is making me hungry, keeping the heart next time

Comment

Last year I was going to save a heart. Def have to this year

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
            Guiso[emoji4]

Yes! Guiso is dang good. Will have to go to my buddys and make some of that this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Chicken fried back strap in a buttermilk/egg batter, sawmill gravy, mashed potatoes and homemade yeast rolls... This is MY absolute last meal request... Trouble is, it is a dangerous meal... You have to be very careful eatin' it. If you get any of that gravy up on your forehead, it's so good, your tongue will beat your brains out gettin' up there to it!

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                My favorite. Cut in strips with mashed taters and gravy.
                Winner!!

Comment

Can’t beat fried backstrap. Or steaks grilled to rare.

With your roasts, throw in a crockpot with 1 beer and 2 cups of red wine (I use a whatever cab we have), garlic and a onion. Shred it and make tacos

Comment

Shepherd’s Pie. I had some down in Argentina a few years ago but did not know it was Shepherd’s Pie. Started playing around on the internet trying to replicate it, and I kept getting hits for Shepherd’s Pie. It can be made with ground venison or cubes of a lesser cut. If I’m using cubes (which I prefer), I cook them in a pressure cooker first before adding them to the Pie. That way, they remain tender. Shepherd’s Pie has become a new family favorite.

Another family favorite is venison stroganoff. Again, I cook the cubes of venison in a pressure cooker first. That way, the meat shreds easily and remains tender. Adding a couple of tablespoons of brandy to the skillet in order to loosen the fond makes all the difference between a good stroganoff and a cosmically great stroganoff.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      Last year I was going to save a heart. Def have to this year

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                      Definitely save the heart! It's great for tacos. Just clean it out, cut the connective tissue off, and dice it up. Don't over cook it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Buck Smacker; 10-08-2020, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Many very good recipes here....but there aint one on this planet that can touch my mamma's chicken fried straps...

Comment

This is a new fav. I tried it last week and it is really good!

I had a couple packs of chicken fry left, but still have not perfected the crisp yet. So tried this and love it, plus no oil!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Buck Smacker; 10-08-2020, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Jar in pressure cooker with beef stock salt and cracked pepper

Comment

Teriyaki marinaded backstrap skewered for kabobs with onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. It’s amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                                Guiso[emoji4]

May have to give this one a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X