• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
    What show we call it?

Ryancare?
    or RINOcare or Trumpcare.

Hopefully Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and Rand Paul can get it stopped in the Senate so we can actually get a full repeal though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      or RINOcare or Trumpcare.

Hopefully Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and Rand Paul can get it stopped in the Senate so we can actually get a full repeal though.
      Shane, I agree with you, but... If there is actually a full repeal, the Demokrauts will likely win the war after the Repulsicans won the battle at repeal. Likely, after a full on repeal, the Repulsicans will not be able to come together enough to develop a bill or bills to replace this disaster known as ObamaCare, and total ciaos will ensue. In the end the same thing will happen just the same as if there were nothing done and ObamaCare were allowed to collapse on its own. Only difference will be the Repulsicans will get the blame, and the Demokrauts will rally the troops once again and kick our butts to the point we will no longer have a majority in one or both houses, then in 2020, they'll put some libtard candidnte back in the White House and we will have missed the one chance in our lifetime to FIX it.

I admit, I don't know what to do, but as bad as I hate to admit it, I am starting to see what Ryan is trying to get done and not so sure I don't agree with him in principle. If it is stripped of its funding and the phase 2 and 3 bills can be successful, it could work. I just don't see the full on repeal working now. If we can get this phase 1 done, then we have a chance in 2018 of increasing the majority in the Senate big enough to be filibuster proof and then a full on repeal can be done.

Like I said, I'm not sure what to do...

Comment

It doesn't matter what folks in Washington do or don't do with Obamacare. It's not going to be perfect regardless, and somebody is going to be on the losing end of whatever it is. And the media is going to blame the Republicans for whatever they can drum up to be a negative result anyway.

The GOP just needs to do the right thing. They're not going to be praised in the media EVER. The right thing is repealing Obamacare and getting the government out of the health insurance business. Going back to the insurance system we had before Obamacare isn't a perfect situation, but it's better than what we have now with Obamacare, and it's better than what we'd have with RINOcare. They need to fully repeal Obamacare, and then they can work toward finding free market solutions that might be an improvement over what we had pre-Obamacare. If they don't come up with anything they can agree on to replace Obamacare with, at least we'd be rid of Obamacare. I'm pretty sure they'd get something agreed on after they repealed it though. Ryan and Trump are just fans of having government-run health insurance, and they know that if they repeal Obamacare, the best hope they have of keeping some other form of government run health insurance is to have it included as part of the repeal package. Everybody wants to vote for the repeal, but they know that most Republicans don't want to vote for another version of Obamacare.

If they will simply repeal Obamacare and leave it at that, we would automatically have a replacement system that would be what we had before Obamacare was crammed down our throats. There is no urgent need to replace it with some other government system.
        Last edited by Shane; 03-14-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Shane, what do you do with all those who have benefited from ObamaCare? There's a bunch of 'em and most vote ( and likely vote often ). They'd be especially motivated to vote if suddenly they had no health insurance/health care free from the gubment...
          Once an entitlement is established, it's next to impossible to just pull the plug... The RINO's are talking about "weaning" folks off the entitlement and into a more market driven market... IF this is what they're wanting to do, it might work. IF they just pull the plug, there'll be hell to pay come 2018 mid-terms... The Demokrauts have instituted literally all the entitlements the gubment burdens the taxpayers with now, and it ain't likely to change...

Shane, again I agree with you, and my ramblings are more "thinkin' out loud" than anything, but I fear what the opposition will be able to do if we make it easy for 'em...

Comment

It doesn't matter what folks in Washington do or don't do with Obamacare. It's not going to be perfect regardless, and somebody is going to be on the losing end of whatever it is. And the media is going to blame the Republicans for whatever they can drum up to be a negative result anyway.

The GOP just needs to do the right thing. They're not going to be praised in the media EVER. The right thing is repealing Obamacare and getting the government out of the health insurance business. Going back to the insurance system we had before Obamacare isn't a perfect situation, but it's better than what we have now with Obamacare, and it's better than what we'd have with RINOcare. They need to fully repeal Obamacare, and then they can work toward finding free market solutions that might be an improvement over what we had pre-Obamacare. If they don't come up with anything they can agree on to replace Obamacare with, at least we'd be rid of Obamacare. I'm pretty sure they'd get something agreed on after they repealed it though. Ryan and Trump are just fans of having government-run health insurance, and they know that if they repeal Obamacare, the best hope they have of keeping some other form of government run health insurance is to have it included as part of the repeal package. Everybody wants to vote for the repeal, but they know that most Republicans don't want to vote for another version of Obamacare.

If they will simply repeal Obamacare and leave it at that, we would automatically have a replacement system that would be what we had before Obamacare was crammed down our throats. There is no urgent need to replace it with some other government system.
            Further to your point, here is the best place to start in fixing it once repealed.
            Attached Files

Comment

Most of those are on Medicaid. They'll still be on Medicaid. The ones that get a subsidy to have Obamacare health insurance still have huge deductibles, which means they are still paying for their care out of pocket until they max out their deductible. The ones who have huge medical expenses above deductibles will be the only ones affected. They'll either be on Medicaid or will be in the state high risk pools if we go back to the system we had before Obamacare. Nobody was dying in the streets before Obamacare. They won't if we repeal Obamacare. The media will moan and cry about how Republicans just want to kill people, but they do that every single day no matter what is going on. I'm personally not concerned with their hysteria. Fewer and fewer people are taking them seriously. Some still do, and they'll have some impact, but I'm not worried about it. If we only do things that we think the media will hate us less for, we'll never get anything good accomplished. We might as well let the Democrats have everything if we're gonna bow down to the media, because they're not going to praise Republicans even if we did do what they wanted.

Ryan and Trump's proposed plan doesn't wean anybody off of government paid insurance though. All it does is reorganize how it operates, but the end result is still pretty much the same. This proposed bill is nothing like their campaign promise to repeal Obamacare.
              Last edited by Shane; 03-14-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                Further to your point, here is the best place to start in fixing it once repealed.
                Yep. And tort reform would be a close 2nd.

Politicians are focused on who provides health insurance rather than all the reasons why healthcare costs are spiraling out of control. Get consumers involved again in the price negotiations of their care, get the trial lawyers off the backs of the doctors, and get the insurance companies and politicians out of the driver's seat, and you'd go a LONG way toward making health insurance more affordable for more people.

Comment

Paul Ryan is pushing big for this to pass or split the party.

Comment

Yep. And tort reform would be a close 2nd.

Politicians are focused on who provides health insurance rather than all the reasons why healthcare costs are spiraling out of control. Get consumers involved again in the price negotiations of their care, get the trial lawyers off the backs of the doctors, and get the insurance companies and politicians out of the driver's seat, and you'd go a LONG way toward making health insurance more affordable for more people.
                    True that. I often hear politicians describe how healthcare costs have spiraled out of control in the last 15-20 years. Seems to me from the chart on lobbying above there appears to be quite a correlation.

Comment

Shep says they are fixing to come out and announce some major amendments to this bill.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                        Shep says they are fixing to come out and announce some major amendments to this bill.
                        wonder what they came up with

Comment

A flat out repeal with no replacements will lose the Senate for repubs in 2018.

They will take losses in the house as well.

Once the government grants a benefit it's almost impossible to repeal it. If they do repeal it without replacement, it will most likely cost a lot of politicians their job

Comment

The GOP just needs to do the right thing. They're not going to be praised in the media EVER. The right thing is repealing Obamacare and getting the government out of the health insurance business. Going back to the insurance system we had before Obamacare isn't a perfect situation, but it's better than what we have now with Obamacare, and it's better than what we'd have with RINOcare. They need to fully repeal Obamacare, and then they can work toward finding free market solutions that might be an improvement over what we had pre-Obamacare. If they don't come up with anything they can agree on to replace Obamacare with, at least we'd be rid of Obamacare. I'm pretty sure Ryan and Trump are just fans of having government-run health insurancethey'd get something agreed on after they repealed it though. , and they know that if they repeal Obamacare, the best hope they have of keeping some other form of government run health insurance is to have it included as part of the repeal package. .

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Shane, what do you do with all those who have benefited from ObamaCare? There's a bunch of 'em and most vote ( and likely vote often ). They'd be especially motivated to vote if suddenly they had no health insurance/health care free from the gubment...
                            Once an entitlement is established, it's next to impossible to just pull the plug... The RINO's are talking about "weaning" folks off the entitlement and into a more market driven market... IF this is what they're wanting to do, it might work. IF they just pull the plug, there'll be hell to pay come 2018 mid-terms... The Demokrauts have instituted literally all the entitlements the gubment burdens the taxpayers with now, and it ain't likely to change...

Shane, again I agree with you, and my ramblings are more "thinkin' out loud" than anything, but I fear what the opposition will be able to do if we make it easy for 'em...
                            Good thoughts Charlie! For clarity, It has come apparent that the RUST BELT states (Kentucky, Ohio, etc.) have HUGE numbers of Trump voters that are fully dependent on the Affordable Healtcare Act and will not go away into the background since the system has proven positive for them.........the life saving stories are taking over the airwaves. Gonna be UGLY if Ryan don't get this right. I agree with DOING THE RIGHT THING.......PERIOD!!!
                            Most of those are on Medicaid. They'll still be on Medicaid. The ones that get a subsidy to have Obamacare health insurance still have huge deductibles, which means they are still paying for their care out of pocket until they max out their deductible. The ones who have huge medical expenses above deductibles will be the only ones affected. They'll either be on Medicaid or will be in the state high risk pools if we go back to the system we had before Obamacare. Nobody was dying in the streets before Obamacare. They won't if we repeal Obamacare. Ryan and Trump's proposed plan doesn't wean anybody off of government paid insurance though. All it does is reorganize how it operates, but the end result is still pretty much the same. This proposed bill is nothing like their campaign promise to repeal Obamacare.
                            Medicaid is massively COSTLY to the American taxpayer! I agree nobody in this country just dies in the street but........thus the reason ACA came into affect as the weight is becoming to much.

Once the government grants a benefit it's almost impossible to repeal it. If they do repeal it without replacement, it will most likely cost a lot of politicians their job
                            ...........no different than NO NEW TAXES from Bush I!!!! Gonna be hail to pay if Ryan don't get this right...........and in a hurry!!!!

Comment

I don't think so. I could be wrong, of course. But out of the 34 seats that are up for vote in 2018, 23 are currently held by Democrats, 2 by liberal independents that vote with the Democrats (Bernie Sanders is one), and just 9 that are currently held by Republicans. The Democrats have a lot more seats to defend than the GOP does in 2018.

If the GOP does what they said they'd do and go ahead and repeal Obamacare, they will stand a MUCH better chance of being reelected and/or gaining seats than if they sell out and give us something like the current RINOcare bill.

Comment

Shane you well could be right and that is what I'd hope for, however if I had written your post, I'd have reversed the likelihoods... That if they can pass the defunding portion and have success in getting the other phases in place prior to 2018, we'd likely have a filibuster proof senate and veto proof congress in general... Even the Donald couldn't stop 'em then...

I just don't know, but I sure agree if they don't get it "right" you and I won't live long enough to see another chance for conservatives to right this ship we are all sailing toward catastrophe on.

Comment

Working...
                                X