Successful Sunday nilgai hunt with my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful Sunday nilgai hunt with my wife

My wife and I got an invite from my bil Sunday to go to the king ranch to fill a couple cow tags. My wife was excited as she’s never been out there. We headed early Sunday morning arriving at the ranch around 6:20. We unloaded the mule and loaded our stuff by that time it was around 6:40 and good light out to start seeing animals. We headed out and within the first 5 minutes we saw 9 bulls with one running 10yds in front of us. Of course we would see a lot of bulls since we had no bull tags. We traveled a little farther and finally found our first cow but she was on a mission to get out of there before a shot was fired. We proceeded on and found two more cows standing watching us. I told the wife to take one but her scope was zoomed all the way out and she couldn’t stay steady enough, needless to say she missed. On to find the next one. We came across a big sand flat where the nilgai like to cross so we decided to drive right down the middle. We get about half way in and here comes 8 cows and calves. We decided to let her try to shoot one in hopes she would hit it and we would back her up. Well no need for that as she drilled the first one on the run at 267yds with a 6.5 Grendel right in the neck. I was so proud of her on the shot even though it was the LUCKIEST shot she’s ever taken. We gutted her loaded her up and to the cooler we went. Decided to try for another and hunted the rest of the day without seeing another cow the whole day. Ended up being a successful trip for my wife and i couldn’t have been more happy to see her get her first nilgai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to your wife Dan, great shot too

Comment

Congrats..

Comment

Awseome brother!!! Tell mama congrats again for me. Next time yawl come over you have to bring nilgai steaks now.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Comment

job well done by Mrs P

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Awesome!!

Comment

Waydago

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Did you ask her where she was aiming lol...

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                            Congrats! Did you ask her where she was aiming lol...

Lol no but I did tell her just find hair and squeeze and don’t stop until you don’t see them anymore. That’s why I told her shoot the 6.5. She had two pretty good back up shooters ready to let em fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Made for a good weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X