Job Advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just go with it.
    Last edited by Alex_Mezger; 05-23-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Sounds like they need to up their salary offer to make up for their poor judgment....

Comment

It was probably a "coin flip" on their part. They wouldn't come back and offer you the job if they didn't think you'd be a good fit.

Now you're in a good salary negotiating position if they needed to fill the spot quickly. Their "first" choice wasted a bunch of their time.

Comment

There is somebody always better in everything we do.....accept that......and take the job you wanted in the first place. The only praying you need to do is a thank you to the man upstairs for the job.

Comment

You wanted the job, so go show them why you should have been the number 1 candidate from the start! Best of luck!

Comment

agree with rick

Comment

Well apparently thier first choice wasn't such a good one.
                Show them why they were wrong not to pick you first.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe you being the second was HIS choice for you?

If you're let to the job take it and rock it!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    If the job is a good fit for you, I wouldn't let being 2nd choice get in the way. Sounds like you may have been God's 1st choice for the job if it worked out for you after all.
                    This right here

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                      I better start praying about it!
                      Good call.
                      Don't let pride or shame color your view of things... right now you're the first choice. What happened in the past doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                        You wanted the job, so go show them why you should have been the number 1 candidate from the start! Best of luck!
                        This.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Lots of good advice here.

I called them back and accepted the job.

It just caught me off guard this morning when they called. I had put it behind me and locked it all out of my mind. I had applied for 3 other jobs that just opened up in the last week and was focused on those.

I am very blessed and fortunate to have had another job lined up in high school that payed a substantial amount more. I didn't really want to be stuck in a classroom all day again next year. I have coached for 33 years and the last two were my first in high school. It is not me.

I'm back in the college game now and broke lol. I turned a job down last summer because of money. I was miserable last year after doing that. I told myself never again on letting money get in the way of enjoying something you love doing. I am ready to start recruiting, coaching and working in the environment I was meant to be in.

Thanks again.
                          David

Comment

At my current High School I was the second choice as well, and my Head Coach was up front about it but told me upper Admin told him to offer to someone already in the District. In fact the guy who turned down the job called me to tell me he was turning it down, and he felt I was a better fit than he was. Will finish my 11th year in a couple of weeks. So sometimes #2 turns out to be the best fit after all. That's all I heard from my principal and head coach for the first 2 years we were together.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                              Thanks everyone. Lots of good advice here.

I called them back and accepted the job.

It just caught me off guard this morning when they called. I had put it behind me and locked it all out of my mind. I had applied for 3 other jobs that just opened up in the last week and was focused on those.

I am very blessed and fortunate to have had another job lined up in high school that payed a substantial amount more. I didn't really want to be stuck in a classroom all day again next year. I have coached for 33 years and the last two were my first in high school. It is not me.

I'm back in the college game now and broke lol. I turned a job down last summer because of money. I was miserable last year after doing that. I told myself never again on letting money get in the way of enjoying something you love doing. I am ready to start recruiting, coaching and working in the environment I was meant to be in.

Thanks again.
                              David
                              Congratulations

Comment

Best of luck and congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X