Bit the Bullet and got a Mac...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
    You made the right choice. Drop the pc programs and you are GTG.
    No can do...AutoCAD is a must. Not gonna spend another 4K just to get a Mac version.

Comment

Go to the Apple store when they're not busy, and tell them you bought one and feel like a fish out of water. Can somebody please spend a little time with me and see what I don't seem to be able to do and would appreciate help?

Once you figure out the user interface and how they organize stuff, it will be a very useful tool.

Comment

Looking at getting a Mac when the new models come out this year. As was already said Genius Bar, or if you know a college student that can help you.

Comment

What about which version of windows? Windows Pro7 or Windows 10?

Comment

Good luck!! I had to do an excel spreadsheet on one the other day for a job interview and I'm pretty sure the Mac won. I use excel and make spreadsheets everyday but that was my first time on a Mac and it made me feel like I didn't know how to work a computer at all [emoji16] Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyBee View Post
              Good luck!! I had to do an excel spreadsheet on one the other day for a job interview and I'm pretty sure the Mac won. I use excel and make spreadsheets everyday but that was my first time on a Mac and it made me feel like I didn't know how to work a computer at all [emoji16] Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Did the program itself operate differently? If I get Microsoft Office for Mac is there a difference?

Comment

I just use Google Docs for everything now. Don't need those Window office programs and can access all my written documents on any computer or cell phone.

Comment

My only concern is AutoCAD. My wife uses Quickbooks for business but I'd rather buy a Mac version of the software than run a whole new OS on her new computer.

Comment

Get started with workshops at the Apple Store, La Cantera.

Comment

Originally posted by TimH View Post
                      Get started with workshops at the Apple Store, La Cantera.

https://concierge.apple.com/workshops/R131/en_US/
                      Thanks for the link...

Comment

Welcome to the dark side =)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rmccall View Post
                          Welcome to the dark side =)

I can feel the power pulling me over. I went ahead and ordered two copies of Windows 7 Pro. I think I'm going to try running Bootcamp. The thing that most attracted me to Apple was reliability. As long as I can run AutoCAD for work, check my emails and surf the world wide web then I'm GTG.

I hear stories about people using their Macs for 7+years. I'm hoping to get at least that much from mine.

Comment

My first lasted me about that long and when I sold that one I went and bought another

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                              No can do...AutoCAD is a must. Not gonna spend another 4K just to get a Mac version.
                              Let me know if you give the mac the boot. I can hook you up with a coupon for a Dell workstation.

Comment

Office for mac works great. No need to switch over for that. I vpn on my macs too. Youll get the hang of it soon and start dreading a PC

Comment

Working...
                                X