Menard 2018-2019 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
    How long did it take your deer to take to cotton seed? We may try it this year
    It took mine four months to start eating it in Richland Springs and now they are hitting it like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
      It took mine four months to start eating it in Richland Springs and now they are hitting it like crazy.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
        Anybody here have property off of 1674? We've seen axis all up and down that highway between Fort Mckavett and IH-10 but never on our place east of the road, besides one that was dead. I know they've got to be close by though. Surprisingly enough I have seen a sika, but no axis or blackbuck. There used to be Spanish goats running around about ten years back but theyre long gone.
        I hunt literally at 1674 and CR 210 on the east side of 1674 and we do have axis coming around. They should eventually reach you

Comment

Funny you mention the Spanish Goats. They came into our country west of Hext during that time. Not seen them in many years.

Comment

Joining this fire. We're VERY dry out on the Menard/Schleicher line. Tried cottonseed this year and can't keep enough of it out. Hoping its helping our herd through this drought.

Comment

We are about 5 miles West of the Fort on Cemetery Road. We did receive 1.65" of rain last night and about 1/10" Friday and Saturday. Some places got more, (to the North and East). The deer have been hitting protein and cotton seed hard. Gone through 5 tons of Cotton seed and 14 tons of protein the last 3-4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                We are about 5 miles West of the Fort on Cemetery Road. We did receive 1.65" of rain last night and about 1/10" Friday and Saturday. Some places got more, (to the North and East). The deer have been hitting protein and cotton seed hard. Gone through 5 tons of Cotton seed and 14 tons of protein the last 3-4 weeks.
                Hoping "to the North and East" was right over our place!

Comment

Hoping we got some too. We aren’t far from the fort

Comment

Pretty good rain north and northwest of town yesterday afternoon. I have heard up to one inch. Sounds like Mike Murphey is getting all the rain out west near Ft. McKavett, none here in town.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Anybody looking to get rid of a bow blind in our area? Needing one soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                        Pretty good rain north and northwest of town yesterday afternoon. I have heard up to one inch. Sounds like Mike Murphey is getting all the rain out west near Ft. McKavett, none here in town.
                        Adios,
                        Gary
                        Hopefully we got some!

Comment

Any word on rain down 1773 towards London?

Comment

Anybody headed out this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                              Anybody headed out this weekend?
                              We are headed down to work on the cabins

Comment

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
                                We are headed down to work on the cabins
                                Just make my room 12x12 with a nice view!

Comment

Working...
                                X