2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
    We stayed mainly around Greens. We usually fish east bay, but jump over to west a few times a year when east is blown out. I have never seen sharks this bad.
    Seems like I see sharks about 80% of the time down there around Greens.

Comment

Where’s is Greens? Make sure we stay away from there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        Seems like I see sharks about 80% of the time down there around Greens.
        Seriously guys I've seen 1 shark in west in 20 plus years

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Seriously guys I've seen 1 shark in west in 20 plus years
          What kid if water depth are you standing in? When I fished Greens a couple/few weeks ago I didn’t see a single shark; nor did I see anyone else have issues. Wonder if these guys are wading deeper and the sharks are out in that deeper water.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            What kid if water depth are you standing in? When I fished Greens a couple/few weeks ago I didn’t see a single shark; nor did I see anyone else have issues. Wonder if these guys are wading deeper and the sharks are out in that deeper water.
            I'm usually a little over knee deep, waist at the most but that's rare. I'd say 90 percent of my time I'm around knee deep water unless I'm in a hole way back in the marsh. Kinda glad I never see them.... do see a gator from time to time but its been a while since I've seen one probably over 5 years.

Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

We were waist deep when the stringer got hit twice. Had one check my stringer in belly deep water. Then had a little 4 footer swim between us in about 2.5’ of water.

I have never seen them that thick. I also didn’t notice anyone around us getting hit. I think they just liked us for some reason, but I have no clue.
              Last edited by CastAndBlast; 05-15-2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                I'm usually a little over knee deep, waist at the most but that's rare. I'd say 90 percent of my time I'm around knee deep water unless I'm in a hole way back in the marsh. Kinda glad I never see them.... do see a gator from time to time but its been a while since I've seen one probably over 5 years.
                Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                We were waist deep when the stringer got hit twice. Had one check my stringer in belly deep water. Then had a little 4 footer swim between us in about 2.5’ of water.

I have never seen them that thick. I also didn’t notice anyone around us getting hit. I think they just liked us for some reason, but I have no clue.
                Sounds like they may be associated with the deeper water, stay shallow my friends!

What about stingrays? I must have seen 20 or more of them, they’re the work of the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by crimson-talon View Post

Baffin sheepshead on da flyyy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  A sheephead on a fly! What a trophy. Congrats

Comment

Somebody should be waist deep in the surf right now

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like they may be associated with the deeper water, stay shallow my friends!

What about stingrays? I must have seen 20 or more of them, they’re the work of the devil.
                      Stingrays a different story! I see at least 5 to 10 every trip! Can't stand them nasty bastages!

Comment

I haven't waded the area in several years but waste deep water and deeper is where I've seen the most. It's pretty early to be seeing a lot of them right now, may get pretty spooky as summer comes on.

Comment

A couple of years ago, a guy I fished with used a piece of pvc pipe with holes drilled in it with floats to put his fish in because the sharks got so bad while wading. Like you Mexico, I hate those rays. The other day it was like a minefield there were so many around us.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Ain't that the truth!! Sure hope this weather holds... If it's like this, we're gonna nuke 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

I was thinking the same thing, looks to be great today and tomorrow.

Comment

Yea the ol salt is calling my name for sure. Looking at the extended forecasts that 10 knot SE breeze with water temps in the mid 70s means the bays are going to clear up and the fish are going to eat....

Comment

Working...
                                X