2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
    Anyone have eyes on the Galveston surf? Surf cams look pretty good.

It's been real tough in the surf so far. I mean real tough. I'm going to wait for good reports before I try it again. Wasted too much time so far for a handful of fish. They're just not there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      It's been real tough in the surf so far. I mean real tough. I'm going to wait for good reports before I try it again. Wasted too much time so far for a handful of fish. They're just not there yet.
      I'm gonna give it a go this weekend. You sayig tough as in just not much action, or just rough waves?

Comment

My uncle texted me this morning saying it was flat calm and they were heading to diana for a over night trip, lucky sob. Going after marlin, yellowfin and swords.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
          I'm gonna give it a go this weekend. You sayig tough as in just not much action, or just rough waves?

Not much action, at least for trout.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0235.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	24539071Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0233.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	24539072
            Managed a 21” trout and 22” red this evening not bad for 3 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              Why you cryin? I would trade you my Saturday afternoon. MIL was at my house
              Hahahahaa, yeah yeah yeah. Perspective is everything.

Comment

X2 and let me know when that happens since you're an hour and a half closer. I got in the water at 5 and got out at 8. Top Waters then Plastics and even Gulp and had one lady fish.

I had a group on either side of me throwing shrimp and only saw them catch one lady fish drove 2 miles down the beach and saw two stringers with one trout each.

Going to save my vacation day and just go to work screw it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  X2 and let me know when that happens since you're an hour and a half closer. I got in the water at 5 and got out at 8. Top Waters then Plastics and even Gulp and had one lady fish.

I had a group on either side of me throwing shrimp and only saw them catch one lady fish drove 2 miles down the beach and saw two stringers with one trout each.

Going to save my vacation day and just go to work screw it

I work right there close so I'll keep an eye on it. It can't be too far off.

Comment

I work right there close so I'll keep an eye on it. It can't be too far off.
                    The clarity was good today maybe even to clear. And it wasn't that rough. The tide was way out just like it was the last time I came so that may have something to do with it. The water could warm up a hair too I think

Comment

I was down the west end of Galveston at 0530. The tide was way out but starting in with a major solunar just after dawn. Water is very clear. A lot of mullet moving down the guts. I threw a lot of different stuff at em. Got three good ones on a Spook Jr, chrome w/blue back. The trout were under the mullet and would blow a whole in the water to get the plug. A 25" and 2- 24"ers. Live bait guys had nada. Still a little early maybe another week.
                      Last edited by kevin nicholls; 05-09-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I was down the west end of Galveston at 0530. The tide was way out but starting in with a major solunar just after dawn. Water is very clear. A lot of mullet moving down the guts. I threw a lot of different stuff at em. Got three good ones on a Spook Jr, chrome w/blue back. The trout were under the mullet and would blow a whole in the water to get the plug. A 25" and 2- 24"ers. Live bait guys had nada. Still a little early maybe another week.
                        Nice catch. You'll be eatin' good tonight.

Comment

At least you got a few. What was the water temp like? Next time it gets right it should be on.

Comment

Gonna roll to East/West Matty tomorrow... I'll give updates... anybody been lately? Probably East in the AM and West in the PM.

Comment

So, are there any spots that are good for camping on the beach, and fishing the surf between Padre and say, Port O'Connor? Maybe harder to reach to avoid big crowds?

Comment

At least you got a few. What was the water temp like? Next time it gets right it should be on.
                                Still a chilly. I was wearing waders, had to go to work afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X