2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Thought it might be cool to have a centralized thread to post up pics from recent trips, y’all patterns and such!

Had a slow trip on Saturday. We(Me and a buddy), caught 2 undersized reds(one was 19 3/4”, and two trout, both of which went in the box (22 1/2ish” and a 20”). All were caught using popping cork w/ a gulp and were caught in 3-4’ of water over mud/shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
    Thought it might be cool to have a centralized thread to post up pics from recent trips, y’all patterns and such!

Had a slow trip on Saturday. We(Me and a buddy), caught 2 undersized reds(one was 19 3/4”, and two trout, both of which went in the box (22 1/2ish” and a 20”). All were caught using popping cork w/ a gulp and were caught in 3-4’ of water over mud/shell.

East Matagorda?

Comment

That’s a nice yella mouth. Ready to hit the water myself.

Comment

I haven't fished nearly as much as I like but trout have been in thigh deep water around rocks in Baffin. As far as red fishing goes, I found a big bunch of them very shallow. Most with their backs out of the water in mud/grass. Spring winds have hampered some of my trips lately but summer/croaker season fun is right around the corner.

Comment

Been working too much to go. Should have my new boat in a month or so.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Will be following this one. Havent had my boat out lately due to the winds but will soon and hitting the bank some until then as well as night fishing. Sabine is my home water.

Comment

[ATTACH]903105[/ATTACH]

We caught these Friday in east matagorda. The wind was brutal but we managed some decent fish and had a great time
                Last edited by Calfroper81; 04-01-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  Been working too much to go. Should have my new boat in a month or so.

What type of boat you getting? I’m hoping to have mine by end of month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

How about some info on gulp tactics....when gander went out of business gulp was one of the things that truly went in sale for half price. I loaded up and have used it a hand full of times... haven’t caught anything on it!!

Comment

I’m ready to hit the marsh. Hopefully can post some pics in the next week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                        What type of boat you getting? I’m hoping to have mine by end of month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Dargel 230 HDX Kat

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                          How about some info on gulp tactics....when gander went out of business gulp was one of the things that truly went in sale for half price. I loaded up and have used it a hand full of times... haven’t caught anything on it!!
                          Hey bud how’s it been. When we fish Seadrift, pearl white gulp shrimp is my go to plastic. I throw it with a florocarbon leader and that’s it. Throw and reel with a quick twitch while retrieving. Works great for me

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            Hey bud how’s it been. When we fish Seadrift, pearl white gulp shrimp is my go to plastic. I throw it with a florocarbon leader and that’s it. Throw and reel with a quick twitch while retrieving. Works great for me
                            Or put it under a popping cork and work them like live shrimp. My wife's favorite rig.

Comment

will post once wicked winds ,calm down!!

Comment

Working...
                              X