No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading offshore manana. Will post up fish pics if successful.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

Tight lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!
        Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

The sword trip?

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
            So Im from the Dallas area and made a quick trip to Corpus to visit family. We went to the surf just north of the Packary channel and the surf was really calm. It was a little murky but you could see the green water. This morning at first light I went back to the surf north of the Packary Channel this morning using live shrimp under a popping cork and all I caught was a bunch of skipjack and bonnethead's. I was changing depths a lot trying to find trout. The surf was really calm and I was really expecting to catch some trout, but no luck. Should I try something else next time or were the trout just not in the surf? Any pointers appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
            Outgoing tide fish the end of jetty of just inside by about 30-40 yards. Live shrimp n cork right near the rocks should yield some trout.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post

Capt Paul Braly.

I took a trip with him this passed Tuesday. I'm a guide, I've fished with lots of guides, and I honestly believe he is hands down my favorite so far. He was great with my wife, very patient, helpful, and good at what he does. We had limits by 9:20am, For a few more hours we ran around and chased redfish. Reasonably priced, nice boat, good gear. Look him up, you'll be fishing with a premier redfish tournament guy from the coastal bend. Until I buy a new boat he will be the guide I recommend to all of my customers. If you decide to book with him tell him Capt. Chris Lawrence sent ya. Best of luck!

We got booked with Paul years ago due to a schedule miscommunication with another guide. Super nice guy and hell of a guide. My son was Fairly young at the time and he was great with him.

Comment

Spent they day chasing trout from marker 37 to mouth of Baffin. Pretty tough day. Caught lots of small fish on croaker. Dodged a few storms. All in all was a fun day. I haven't had much luck finding better trout the last two trips. Any body have in inside tips for catching summer trout.

Comment

Originally posted by double lung View Post
                  Man, that is a sweet rig...

What happened to the El Pescador? Haven't been on TBH in a while and I'm betting I missed a story.
                  Sold it. I was wanting to build a mid tower boat so I stopped by Eric's place to discuss some things and next thing I know deposit was put in place.

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                    So Im from the Dallas area and made a quick trip to Corpus to visit family. We went to the surf just north of the Packary channel and the surf was really calm. It was a little murky but you could see the green water. This morning at first light I went back to the surf north of the Packary Channel this morning using live shrimp under a popping cork and all I caught was a bunch of skipjack and bonnethead's. I was changing depths a lot trying to find trout. The surf was really calm and I was really expecting to catch some trout, but no luck. Should I try something else next time or were the trout just not in the surf? Any pointers appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    Just bad timing. There’s a cold water upwelling event right now, which is making the surf tough to fish. Cold, dirty water isn’t great for surf fishing, hopefully it will clean up and warm up soon.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Fished the surf Saturday morning and didnt catch a fish.

Took the wife and kids around east bay, around bird island but was just joy riding more than fishing.

Me and a buddy fished east Matty this morning, but got chased off by the storms around 9:30. Ended up catching 2 rat reds and 1 dink trout, and my buddy caught a rat red and a 16 inch trout. Fished the west end around St. Marys and the conditions couldnt have been better. Fished the reefs at the mouth of the gulf cut on our way out and picked up the keeper trout and missed another fish.

All in all in was a good morning besides the rain storms running us off and he fact that i broke the tip off my favorite Waterloo rod on the first fish of the morning.

Comment

Fished this weekend with my daughter in Mansfield. She caught her personal best 23” trout. Great weather for them to fish last couple days. Croaker and top waters were used in 3-4’ of water.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
                          Fished this weekend with my daughter in Mansfield. She caught her personal best 23” trout. Great weather for them to fish last couple days. Croaker and top waters were used in 3-4’ of water.

Congrats and cool pic!

Comment

Fished Wed-Saturday. Did really well in the bay Wednesday and Thursday. Friday/Saturday were spent in the surf in Surfside. Caught tons of fish but lots and lots of dinks. It was a great week of fishing. Back to work tomorrow.

Comment

Purple reign DSL were the only thing we could get a bite on today.

I did hang one fish on dirty tequila, but that was the only hit.

Comment

We went 70 miles out of Freeport and snagged a 5 man of snapper and 4 good kings! Great time

Comment

Working...
                                X