X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great progress

Comment

Finally Getting back to work.

After almost a year hiatus we finally began to make some progress on the Saloon build.

In January of 2024 we made a wood run at a local wood mill. We get free cut offs from the large cedar beams the mill produces. There is always a various board sizes and types. On this run we were about to obtain enough cedar tongue and groove siding to finish out the façade of the saloon. We also picked up a 20 1x4 trim boards, and some wood we can use for flooring. we basically got most of the wood to finish out the entire saloon for free. We delivered the wood to the ranch back in late January.

Fast forward to the weekend of February the 16-18th.

On Friday the 18th we arrived in the late afternoon. We created to the Saloon Sign and had to do the painting inside the cabin dues to a cold front that moved in dropping the temps into the 30's. (pic 1)

On Saturday we began working on the Saloon itself. First we installed the metal kickplate at the bottom of the exterior wall. (pic 2) After that we installed the cedar T&G (pics 3,4) Then we installed the wood flooring. (pics 5,6). to wrap things up on Saturday we stained above the roof line where the sign would be need to be installed.

On Sunday we installed the door and hung the Saloon sign. (Pic 7)

Comment

This past weekend Feb 23rd -25th we got more completed on the Saloon.

My good friend Kyle came with me to help out. We got the ranch late Friday night so no progress was made that day.

Saturday morning we started out staining the main wall below the roof and trim painted above the roof. Then installed the roof panels on the porch. (Pics 1,2)
        We continued by installing the door threshold, trimming out the door, windows and sides. Painting the trim and door as well as staining the porch pillars. (Pics 3,4,5)

The Door I got on Facebook market place for $40. It is a metal door with a nice window at the top.

Picture 6 is the view on the cabin and the Saloon together from the road,

Still need to trim out the metal roof/side and spray foam the panels from the inside to complete the dry in of the Saloon.

I think it looks great what do you all think of it?

Hopefully I can get the Saloon completely finished out before hunting season!

thanks!
        Last edited by wlee15; 02-26-2024, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I think it looks fantastic!

Comment

Looking good so far, you do have a nice view!!!

Comment

Working...
            X