Gold Tip Byron Ferguson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Tip Byron Ferguson

What are you guys thoughts on this arrow? I am shooting a 46# at 28" static recurve bow and wanting to get a FOC heavier arrow set up put together. I have been shooting gold tip ted nugent arrows with 200gr tips pretty well but hoping to get some full length ones and start bare shaft tuning. Any help woul dbe good. I have looked at the spine charts on various sites and just looking for some insite.

I am also looking for someone who makes strings, if you can guide me to someone good.
    Last edited by robert13t; 08-12-2015, 02:49 PM.

I have never shot the Heavy Hunter arrows, but if you are wanting higher FOC, I would think those would not be the way to go. They will be heavier, but are heavier all the way through the length of the shaft, not all up front.

Bisch

Comment

I would give Big Jim at Big Jim Bow Company a call, he has the arrows that your looking at and will advise you on them. The man knows his archery. That's where I buy most of my stuff...
      On the strings I buy from TenRingstrings, nothing but good things to say about them.
      You might ask BigJim if he sales strings too..don't know if he does.

Comment

I will give Jim a call. That is where I get my shafts.

Bisch- I didn't think about that. I was just thinking about how heavy they were. What arrow set up are you shooting these days?

Comment

Just get gold tip traditionals they have a weight system you can use

Comment

Foc is over rated get an arrow that flies good by bare shafting and you'll get good penetration

Comment

Originally posted by robert13t View Post
              I will give Jim a call. That is where I get my shafts.

Bisch- I didn't think about that. I was just thinking about how heavy they were. What arrow set up are you shooting these days?
              I am shooting full length Easton Full Metal Jacket, .400 spine, with a 75gr brass insert, and a 150gr point/broadhead. Total arrow weight is 567 and FOC is about 18.5%. (These arrows are slightly stiff still, but I did not have any 100gr inserts,and the shafts are as long as they are going to get. I tested them out in Africa last month with GREAT results!)

The GT's I was shooting were 32" XT Hunter shafts with a 100gr insert, and a 150gr point. Total arrow weight was 530 and FOC on those was about 22%.

If your goal is very high FOC, you need to start with light, stiff shafts, and add a lot of weight up front to make them tune.

And, IMHO, FOC is not overrated. It is just another piece of the puzzle. You have to have all the pieces of the puzzle to make everything work.

Bisch
              Last edited by Bisch; 08-12-2015, 08:02 PM.

Comment

i shoot the heavy hunters from my trees stick and am impressed with them so far. i'll keep buying them as long as i keep having the results i'm getting now.

Comment

That settles it. I will get GT Trad carbons. Jim didnt have any strings on his web site. Any guys on here that make them? Would like to give business to Texas guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X