Custom Recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Recurve

I have been thinking about getting a custom Recurve. I not completely sold yet, but Im thinking about getting a Black Widow. Any feedback on the Black Widow would be appreciated. Anything I should consider on customizing it? Also, if you think their is a better bow out there let me know, budget is up to $2000. Thanks,

Jason

Black widows are some fine bows many on here would say a hands down winner but if I had $2k laying around I'd take a hard look at bob Lee's new bows

Comment

Look at the Foley custom bows also

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
        Black widows are some fine bows many on here would say a hands down winner but if I had $2k laying around I'd take a hard look at bob Lee's new bows

Im set on a one-piece recurve, and from the website it appear he only sells takedowns

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
          Im set on a one-piece recurve, and from the website it appear he only sells takedowns
          If you really want one they will likely still make one. I will say I love Bob Lee bows, but their takedowns are what really shines. They make one of the best takedowns there are. When it comes to one piece bows I haven't found one that shoots better than Bobby Lutkenhause's Predator bows.
          B

Comment

you wont find a better custom than a bob lee, i have two bob lee's and one Black widow and all the black widow is doing is collecting dust, im a firm believer is Bob lee bows, they produce top notch speeds, excellent customer service, the black widows do look sick, but i would rate a bob lee a 9.9 out of 10 and the black widow a 8.9 out of 10, this is my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by bk_tradguy88 View Post
              If you really want one they will likely still make one. I will say I love Bob Lee bows, but their takedowns are what really shines. They make one of the best takedowns there are. When it comes to one piece bows I haven't found one that shoots better than Bobby Lutkenhause's Predator bows.

B

I will check out the Lutkenhause predator bow, thanks!

Comment

If I wanted a takedown it would definitely be the Bob Lee. So does the Widow take the cake for a one piece?

Comment

i have a widow one piece, its nice, i mainly use it for 3D since my bob lee bows are 55+ in poundage, but if i were to get another one piece it would be a blacktail, probably the best one piece custom on the market, but im not a one piece guy, i travel 5-7 hours to my lease every month so i like the compactness my take down brings me

Comment

Thank you Ghost, I have been checking out that Blacktail, but wasnt sure cause I just havent heard anyone talking about them. Smoothness and quietness are the two most important things Im looking for because I like to hunt, but I also like shooting 3D as well.

Comment

I've shot one before and I would say it's probably the smoothest bow I've shot to date, I would rate the blacktail bows 10 out of 10, feels like a majestic tree in your hand, and the finish is second to none, I just love bob lee bows, I live 20 mins from the factory so you can say I'm probably a tad biased

Comment

After seeing the bows in this thread on another forum the other night, I would take my time and find out who build some of these beauties.http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimateb...c;f=1;t=144653

Comment

At 2,000.00 I would have to look at Blacktails. Nothing wrong with the one piece custom I have made by Roland Jenkins in Huntsville, and it was a lot less. But if you wanted high end and all the bells and whistles my opinion is to go with a Blacktail.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm thinking about getting a custom recurve myself. Little Crow Bows makes some beautiful bows . I found some positive reviews .

Comment

Having that kind of coin to spend for a recurve would be a Blacktail or Covert Hunter with the Hex 7 limbs

Comment

Working...
                              X