Safest place for 401k money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safest place for 401k money

My wife and I are moving to Pagosa Springs at the end of this month. She has a hefty sum of money in her 401k that will have to be transferred. We have had it in High Growth stocks for a long time, and it has really paid off. But I don't think the stock market can sustain this run for much longer and want to put it somewhere safer. Where would be a good place to put it, a place that makes a somewhat low rate of return, but won't loose value if the stock market tanks?? Precious metals are out of the question, she won't do it.

Thanks

Can you leave it in the current plan? If so, there should be a preservation fund or something similar.

Comment

PM sent...

Comment

Depending on your age and if you need the income, split between bonds, guaranteed income, and basic blue chip stocks. If you have USSA insurance they have ways to help in rolling over the 401k

Comment

Vanguard

Comment

Some companies will allow you to leave it with them if you have a certain amount or higher. If her returns have been good I would leave it and then meet with a few financial investment advisors before you decide where to park it.

Comment

Working...
            X