Disposable 1 pound propane bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disposable 1 pound propane bottles

Has anyone ever tried to refill them ? I’ve seen several adapters that you can use your gas grill propane bottles with the attachment to refill them. I’m just wondering how safe it is?

Easy and safe....

Comment

I've looked into this and apparently you can only refill them a little more than half which hardly seems worth it .
      I do refill my 20# bottles off of my 500 gallon tank

Comment

Its easy and you get them full.

Attach the adapter and empty can.

Flip the big tank over on its handles.

Crack the valve open.

Use a valve core tool and open the relief valve on the 1lb can.

Fill until liquid gas comes out.

Close off the valves

Full can.

Comment

I did it a couple weeks ago seemed to work fine. The adapter is like 10 bucks on amazon.

Comment

easy peasy

Comment

We refill ours.

Comment

Refill

It helps if you put the empties in the freezer for a while and have the big propane tank sitting in the sun to warm up.

Comment

Just did this weekend and didn't blow up. The relief valve is the key. Have it open and it will tell you when to stop.

Comment

We do never had an issue

Comment

I keep the fill adapter in the camper to fill the bottles off a big bottle. pretty simple to do. I dont really think they will over fill, at least I have never had an issue with it.

This reminds me that I have several bottles I need to fill.

Comment

Good info.......I bought one of the adapters, but I haven't given it a try. There are lots of videos on youtube about how to do it.

Comment

have you guys not had issues with the 2lb can seals leaking after they have been refilled?

Comment

I'm torn between refilling the 1# cans or getting the hose to put a 50# tank on my buddy heater..

Comment

Make sure if you put other than the 1# canisters on a Mr. Buddy heater that you use a filter.

Comment

Working...
                              X