Fastest recorded throw in mlb history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    HS kid from Shepard was doing that last year or the year before. Was #1 draft pick that year. Still in the minor leagues I think right now. Can't remember his name.

See post 21

Comment

Bo Jackson would give him a run for his money.

8/31/93: Bo Jackson nails Mike Gallego from right field at Yankee Stadium.Check out http://m.mlb.com/video for our full archive of videos, and subscribe on Y...

Comment

Nolan Ryan hit 108.1 MPH in 1974. Also Rangers pitcher Feliz hit 103 once too. I might be wrong

Comment

That's a good one. But it's not
          "The Throw".

Comment

This isn't pitching....it's being able to use body motion not allowed on the mound. If it was a pitching deal that dude would be a closer...lol so would every single ML outfielder...haha

Comment

I'm pretty sure cespedes throws harder than that. He throws missles

Comment

I would have loved to see Bob Feller on the modern gun.

Comment

It's hard to say it's the fastest throw. Throws aren't normally clock like pitches are. A throw and a pitch aren't the same.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                    HS kid from Shepard was doing that last year or the year before. Was #1 draft pick that year. Still in the minor leagues I think right now. Can't remember his name.
                    I think he actually went #2, Astros had the first pick and went after a lefty, then couldn't agree on terms if I remember right?

Comment

Pretty sure they just started measuring the fielders throws with this new aged electronics so being the fastest ever recorded is not as impressive as it sounds. Very limited sample.

Comment

That guy's got nothing on Sidd Finch.

Sports Illustrated did a big story on him back in the day.

He's a pitcher, part yogi and part recluse. Impressively liberated from our opulent life-style, Sidd's deciding about yoga—and his future in baseball.
                        Last edited by Starman; 04-20-2016, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Dang!

Comment

Throwing this player into the discussion.

Rick Ankiel. Short video is worth 3 min if you don't recall his game.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Surprised I'm the first to mention this ball player that was selected as a pitcher, who became a centerfielder, and a decent power hitter. I don't know the speed of his throws, but check out the lines and locations. In 2008, 24% of the major league players voted he had the best outfield arm in the game.
                            Just a regular ballplayer with a lot of unfortunate injuries. But he kept working at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
                              Just think JR Richards threw 100 in 1976 .. He was well ahead of his time.
                              Vida Blue was chunking 103 mph before that

Comment

Info cited above is correct on Nolan Ryan (108+) and Bob Feller (107+). Source is a recently released documentary called "The Fastball," which chronicles the history of the pitch and shows how modern science can be applied to pre-radar gun pitchers. I believe Walter Johnson holds third place at 106+. Chapman has "only" thrown 105.5 mph. Thing about Nolan Ryan is how long he threw -- until 46 -- and his strikeout record of more than 5,000 is about 2,000 more than second. The documentary is available on U-verse as a 2-day rental.

Comment

Working...
                                X