East Texas Mountain Lion or Black Panther Sightings/ Killings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brockgreen View Post
    we had one kille da couple miles down the road and my dad saw one and my neighbor had a mold of tracks on his places were in rockwall county
    A black cougar or a real cougar? :-)

Comment

I remember seeing a black panther when I was a kid, my dad took us kids to the drive in theatre. Oh what was the name of that movie?.....jungle book, yup they exist and can talk to small children

Comment

Forest Gump kick some *** at a Black panther party?

Comment

When I was a kid, my cousin took me squirrel hunting on Cow Bayou in Orange County. As we walked through the woods, we came across a big cat. It ran across in front of us. Im sure it was just a dark mountain lion, but I would have swore it was black as night. We ran back to the boat.

In Kingwood there is Black Cat Ridge, which was named for the black panthers that were native to the area, or for a black cat that use to ride the train, depends on which blog you read.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            Thats a bobcat stretching

Highly doubtful. Same camera, different night. Otherwise, that is a HUGE bobcat.

Comment

I expected to see more black panthers this year considering the flooding and big litters that rain should've brought. I may have seen a cub last weekend, but only got a glimpse of the black cat as it shot across the road at our gate. It was my lucky day bc I saw a piebald panther sitting in the bushes where the black one came from. Never know what you'll see in the 936.
              Last edited by d_e_smith; 11-18-2015, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                I expected to see more black panthers this year considering the flooding and big litters that rain should've brought. I may have seen a cub last weekend, but only got a glimpse of the black cat as it shot across the road at our gate. It was my lucky day bc I saw a piebald panther sitting in the bushes where the black one came from. Never know what you'll see in the 936.
                too much red bull....although, I am from the 474 so I'm not surprised by much.

Comment

Originally posted by dwwilliams72 View Post

Highly doubtful. Same camera, different night. Otherwise, that is a HUGE bobcat.
                  Looks like a bobcat in both pics IMO

Comment

Originally posted by dwwilliams72 View Post

Definitely a bobcat in both pictures. Depth perception makes him seem larger in the bottom pic. Look at the ears, cougars don't have pointed ears.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post

too much red bull....although, I am from the 474 so I'm not surprised by much.
                      So you've seen black & piebald panthers in the 474?

Comment

only on mondays

Comment

Working...
                        X