HS Baseball Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Baseball Playoffs

I’ve watched some good games last two days. Whitehouse lost their series to College Station. A good friend of mine his son is just a freshman lefty throwing in the mid 80s for Whitehouse. He’s got a bright future ahead of him. Saw Tyler Lee go down today against Montgomery. Lee was 7-0 and lost 10-7. I enjoy watching some good ole HS ball. Brings back memories.

Freshman lefty throwing mid 80’s is unheard of. There are a few that can throw that speed but usually can’t do it off the bump with s heartbeat at the plate

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Freshman lefty throwing mid 80’s is unheard of. There are a few that can throw that speed but usually can’t do it off the bump with s heartbeat at the plate
      Yep this kid is an athlete. Already 6-1 & 175 build. Been playing select ball for past 3-4 years. He’s already got Jr College looking at him. His coach says he expects him touching upper 80s to 90 next year

Comment

If he is throwing that hard already and left handed, he will be able to pick his school. My son played select ball for 10 years and it's a grind for sure.

Comment

My alma mater made it to the next round. Go Cards!!

Comment

If he is a lefty over 90 in HS he won’t goto college. If he has 3 pitches he will get drafted in the first 5 rounds. A lot of people think my kid throws 90 off the bump but he doesn’t- He is mid to upper 80s at best. When people argue I’ll ask a scout and get a good gun on him.

Comment

Kirbyville beat RiceConsolidated. They have 2 lefties that are pretty good.

Yoakum and Industrial started game 3 last night at 10pm.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My brother plays for Ennis. They beat temple and play Georgetown next round

Comment

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
                  My brother plays for Ennis. They beat temple and play Georgetown next round
                  Ennis took 1st out of our district. Whitehouse was 4th. I’m curious to see how far they make it. I don’t keep up enough to know how strong our district was relative to others across the state. Best of luck

Comment

If he is a lefty over 90 in HS he won’t goto college. If he has 3 pitches he will get drafted in the first 5 rounds. A lot of people think my kid throws 90 off the bump but he doesn’t- He is mid to upper 80s at best. When people argue I’ll ask a scout and get a good gun on him.
                    Yeah you never know. If he doesn’t suffer an injury he’s got a good chance. I’m no expert. I do know his coach has told him he ain’t far off from D1 looks & wouldn’t be surprised by the time he is a junior he gets looks from the minors. You never know how much speed he will gain. I played against a guy my freshman year throwing right at 80 mph. By the time he was a senior he was throwing 92. He got drafted but never really materialized at the MLB Level

Comment

We had a RHP at Flower Mound HS this year on the varsity team as a sophomore (the only one I think) throwing low 90s. He was also throwing low 90s as a freshman and verbally committed to TCU.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                        Yep this kid is an athlete. Already 6-1 & 175 build. Been playing select ball for past 3-4 years. He’s already got Jr College looking at him. His coach says he expects him touching upper 80s to 90 next year
                        I need to come check him out next year. I keep saying I’m going to go watch some baseball but never get around to it. I played for Whitehouse ‘02-‘05

Comment

Ennis was 3rd in district. Corsicana was 1st.. undefeated except for 1 game they lost to Ennis.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                            Ennis was 3rd in district. Corsicana was 1st.. undefeated except for 1 game they lost to Ennis.
                            I stand corrected. Thanks for clarification

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                              NJ do you have a son that plays?

Comment

Working...
                              X