This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    Do you see the Mad Hatter as a possible replacement? I think he will be coaching soon somewhere and seems like the ideal fit there. The guy can recruit. Orgeron is runnin a circus down south now. Guy will be fired after a 5 win season
    Orgeron is going no where this year. As long as he has great assistants he is ok. CEO is the cheerleader and rah rah guy while the coordinators run the show.

Leslie inquires about jobs to fulfill his contract obligations. That way the buyout $$$ keeps rolling in. No one in the SEC wants that bafoon as a head coach.

Comment

While the top of our preseason Power Rankings is a who's who of college football royalty and programs that already have loaded trophy cases, there are plenty of teams ready to rise up and make a run at No. 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        Orgeron is going no where this year. As long as he has great assistants he is ok. CEO is the cheerleader and rah rah guy while the coordinators run the show.

Leslie inquires about jobs to fulfill his contract obligations. That way the buyout $$$ keeps rolling in. No one in the SEC wants that bafoon as a head coach.
        Why you think that about Orgeron? The guy is a local, his team loves him, and LSU has the talent and the fire lit under them to compete on a high level. Plus his recruiting was pretty good this year. The Tigers will be a final 4 team this year. Guice will win the heisman, and there are two top notch QBs waiting in the ranks to take over if Etling drops the ball. Add OC Matt Canada to the team and you better look out SEC.
        Lots of folks sleeping on LSU

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
          Do you see the Mad Hatter as a possible replacement? I think he will be coaching soon somewhere and seems like the ideal fit there. The guy can recruit. Orgeron is runnin a circus down south now. Guy will be fired after a 5 win season
          Les does not stand a chance to be a head coach. His offensive plan was anemic and cant stand up in how football is played today. And Coach O is doing the opposite of running a circus in my opinion. He has arguably the best D coordinator in college football and an up and coming O coordinator that likes to change things up. I think LSU will put up the best numbers on offensive they have had in over a decade. I think they have a good chance of winning the SEC west with 1 loss and hopefully make the playoff.

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          Why you think that about Orgeron? The guy is a local, his team loves him, and LSU has the talent and the fire lit under them to compete on a high level. Plus his recruiting was pretty good this year. The Tigers will be a final 4 team this year. Guice will win the heisman, and there are two top notch QBs waiting in the ranks to take over if Etling drops the ball. Add OC Matt Canada to the team and you better look out SEC.

This x2!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            OU just dismissed their touted freshmen QB.

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            What did he do this time?
            He was drunk in public, mouthed off to the cops and then tried to scramble from them....

Oh wait, nevermind, that was their Sr QB

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              Tech is a wreck.... on the upside they can only exceed expectations
              I read that even the King is in the hot seat this year especially with all of his common coaching changes. I always want tech to win but this year it's kinda bittersweet to hope we can do just bad enough to get a new coach. I'm sorry, Kliff was a good player for tech, I just don't think he is a good coach for us. Too much hype for being a former player and not enough delivering as a coach.

But, if they were to go 1-11 with a win in Austin, I can be a happy camper and Kilff might could get a pass from me to stay another year .
              Last edited by BBReezen; 08-03-2017, 09:40 AM.

Comment

I am not saying CEO is bad. I love the guy. But, he has gone as far as saying he lets his coaches coach. Watch his pressers. He knows that in order to win in that conference you need great coaches under you. And, you need to let them do their job. That is why his coordinators make big bucks.

Recruiting and rah rah is what yaw yaw does best.

Comment

Weekly Hook em

Comment

LSU is not a final 4 team this year Virtually no O Line at this point losing possibly their best linemen yesterday and several in the past few months. No depth if anyone gets hurt on the line. No standouts at WR right now, just moved the # 1 safety from last years recruiting class to WR this week. They should be decent this year but dont think they sniff the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                      LSU is not a final 4 team this year Virtually no O Line at this point losing possibly their best linemen yesterday and several in the past few months. No depth if anyone gets hurt on the line. No standouts at WR right now, just moved the # 1 safety from last years recruiting class to WR this week. They should be decent this year but dont think they sniff the playoffs.
                      I did not see the news about Teuhema getting released from the program.

I did take this from Dandy Don Website-

• LSU’s starting five will likely feature three returning starters and four upperclassmen. That’s still a pretty solid group, no doubt. Where things get iffy is at the No. 2 spots, which will all be occupied by freshmen (if Campbell starts).
                      • The “wild card,” if you will, is sophomore Adrian Magee who came to LSU from Franklinton High as a four-star guard and ranked No. 7 on our list of Top LA Prospects for 2015. Magee is fresh off of a six-week suspension after being arrested for simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling, charges that were recently dropped. Don’t be surprised to see Magee ascend the depth chart quickly now that he has been reinstated.
                      • If LSU’s O-line stays injury free, this unit will be okay. But if LSU has a game like last year’s against Mississippi State when every starting linemen besides Ethan Pocic left the field with an injury at one point or another, that could be disastrous. Remarkably, LSU navigated that situation wonderfully last year and ended up not allowing a single sack in the 23-20 win, thanks in large part to the versatility of Pocic and to Coach Jeff Grime’s cross-training.

Comment

First Coaches poll

The US LBM Football Coaches Poll, published by USA TODAY Sports, is conducted weekly throughout the NCAA college football season. See the latest Top 25 rankings from the game’s best head coaches.

Comment

I did not see the news about Teuhema getting released from the program.

I did take this from Dandy Don Website-

• LSU’s starting five will likely feature three returning starters and four upperclassmen. That’s still a pretty solid group, no doubt. Where things get iffy is at the No. 2 spots, which will all be occupied by freshmen (if Campbell starts).
                          • The “wild card,” if you will, is sophomore Adrian Magee who came to LSU from Franklinton High as a four-star guard and ranked No. 7 on our list of Top LA Prospects for 2015. Magee is fresh off of a six-week suspension after being arrested for simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling, charges that were recently dropped. Don’t be surprised to see Magee ascend the depth chart quickly now that he has been reinstated.
                          • If LSU’s O-line stays injury free, this unit will be okay. But if LSU has a game like last year’s against Mississippi State when every starting linemen besides Ethan Pocic left the field with an injury at one point or another, that could be disastrous. Remarkably, LSU navigated that situation wonderfully last year and ended up not allowing a single sack in the 23-20 win, thanks in large part to the versatility of Pocic and to Coach Jeff Grime’s cross-training.
                          Starting 5 will be better than average but when your subs coming in are freshmen Bama, UF and Auburn will feast on that. Not to mention if one or two go down which will happen at some point and you are starting true freshmen. Just not sure how it got to this point with no depth on the OL.

Comment

2017 Pre-Season CFB Thread

lol Texas at 23.... eventually if they keep ranking y'all preseason they are gonna finally get close.

No winning season since 2013, no problem [emoji106] good times [emoji2]

Looks kinda funny when every other team was 8,9,10 win teams then u got a 5 win on there... no 6 or 7 win teams last year lmao

Last edited by EastTexasMan; 08-03-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Agreed, they shouldn't be ranked. No clue what all those kooky coaches are thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                Agreed, they shouldn't be ranked. No clue what all those kooky coaches are thinking.

After some games are won is one thing , but saying at the start of the season they are 23 is just ludicrous. Prove something first

Comment

Working...
                                X