Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that trolling motor for sale?

Edit: Sorry, I get distracted easily . Congrats .
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-08-2016, 08:01 PM.

Comment

I a new /used minkota at south west part in dallas for sale that was never used that came off this boat go up there and look at it and see if you want it. Think it was like a 80lb for like $600

Comment

Also the buck that was found last year dead in the lake has found it owner. He was plenty happy. Small world me and one of his buddies just to talk deer and the story came up about a missing deer and it wound up being his that was posted on TBH last year he tracked it down and got it back. Some good news for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal85 View Post
          Also the buck that was found last year dead in the lake has found it owner. He was plenty happy. Small world me and one of his buddies just to talk deer and the story came up about a missing deer and it wound up being his that was posted on TBH last year he tracked it down and got it back. Some good news for the day.
          Good stuff! I know a couple of TBHers on here that have had similar experiences. One was a buck found dead laid up 1/2 mile away in the same unit. Another a lost bow. And yet another a lost Benellie shotty that was returned to it's owner.

I gotta run a 50 or 55lb thrust to keep the weight down on the front end. Been using a transom mount with the head reversed. And it about kills my back. Bought an Ulterra 80lb earlier this year. Had it 6 weeks and never out of the box. Got to thinking about how heavy it was. Plus the extra battery up front. And took it back. I scoot in a 1648 G3 river Jon. Thanks for the lead though.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-08-2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Good luck to all todsy if yall r hunting I am headed to the stand

Comment

Any action Kenny n Justin?

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                Any action Kenny n Justin?
                I sint seen nothing but stupid birds no deer

Comment

I am going to stay here till noon then prob go in and do some work on the jeep lol

Comment

I love October! My mostest favorite month of the year.

Comment

I didn't hunt today. I may go in the morning. Letting it rest a day even though it's been dead. I may need to go find some oaks to hunt

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                        I didn't hunt today. I may go in the morning. Letting it rest a day even though it's been dead. I may need to go find some oaks to hunt

That's the truth I was scouting some private land the other day I was asked to get some of the hogs off of. I jumped 5 deer while doing that, all of them were in oak groves filled with acorns. That is the place to be right now.

Comment

When U have hundreds of trees producing acorns, which one U hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice buck nocturnal, congrats

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post

The right one[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post

If they are producing well i'd go for the white oaks

Comment

Working...
                                X