s.o.s. WATER HEATER HELP ...NOW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s.o.s. WATER HEATER HELP ...NOW...

My water heater has leaked before and quit... now it seems to be leaking pretty good. Really need to shut it down for the night.

My plan is...
    turn off the propane gas line.
    turn off the water intake line
    drain the water out of the tank.

what else would you suggest???

I should still have cold water in the morning for a quick...real quick shower. Home depot opens at 6... we'll see what they have in the round rock store.

any ideas... I am all ears.

Flip the relief valve when you draining it so it breaths and your good.

Comment

Lowes is open till 10pm.

Comment

better replace soon cause the size of hot water heaters is fixing to change and the old ones WILL NOT be available anymore, and the new one WONT fit in most opening built in houses...

Comment

Originally posted by offroadodge View Post
          better replace soon cause the size of hot water heaters is fixing to change and the old ones WILL NOT be available anymore, and the new one WONT fit in most opening built in houses...
          What are the changes

Comment

they are going shorter and wider, from what I know the standard opening in houses wont work with the new mandantory water heaters.

Comment

Call a plumber

Comment

Tanks don't leak and then stop, it has a hole or it doesn't. Perhaps yourT&P valve has opened and not completely shut off (normal). Or drain valve leaks.
                With the tank under pressure do you hear a hissing sound? That would be a tank leak. If T&P valve leaks you can change it, does the line feel to be warm from leaking water?
                Yes turn everything off until you find the problem.

Comment

Water heaters changed in 2015 and this affects you! Find out how and learn more about the new, energy efficient options available.

Comment

I can see that there is a lot of rust in the bottom of the tank. The water seems to be seeping out from the bottom. Looks like it has spread across a wall into my son's room...it ate his homework....gonna be an interesting week. Water heater goes out, my SIL breaks both ankles...badly. need to go down there and build wheelchair ramps in Floresville. all with the uncertainty of keeping my job.

Oh...and I still owe uncle sammy 2k....

but i ain't bitter...

Comment

well...for better or worse. ti seems as thought the water heater has drained out. I turned off the propane valve, the gas valve & the water intake.

Now... I got to get a decent one TOMORROW. Homedepot has a nice Rheem but it is 2 week delivery. Store opens at 6:00. figure I will be there to see what they have and maybe expedite the online order if feasible.

timimg sucks on this.

Comment

Make sure the heater is for "propane" and not natural gas (NG)

Comment

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
                          Make sure the heater is for "propane" and not natural gas (NG)
                          OH yeah... will be checking to be sure it is set up for LP and not natural gas.

Comment

Sent you an email.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                              Sent you an email.
                              Didn't come across. May been a server issue on my side, try again.

Comment

Working...
                              X