• Time
  • Show
Clear All

God bless you Froggy and Dustoffer.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
      My only regret is that we couldn't/didn't save them all---
      Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      You and yours went above and beyond on a daily basis. You did more than one could ask for. You are the infantryman's angel.

RIP Marine Helm, you are not forgotten. May God bless you.
      So true Geezy. All us grunts thought the dustoff pilots and crew were a little bit crazy flying into hot LZ's. They were truly Angels of Mercy.

bowhunterhelm, may your Uncle Herschel always be remembered.
      Last edited by Froggy; 05-27-2018, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I can remember praying for my uncle while he was in Vietnam. He was one of the lucky ones who made it back with only part of his ear missing.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thank you for sharing and for his sacrifice

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Thanks for posting Jeremy. If you have the original picture or negative there are people that can do amazing things with it. Would be a great one for the house

Comment

Thanks for sharing. The sacrifice and bravery by all those veterans that gave their lives is beyond honorable. Freedom is never free. A life of gratitude toward the heroes that fought and died for our nation.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Great story

Comment

Here’s to Butch and all of the other brave ones that answered the call!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to the Vietnam memorial in DC when I was in 8th grade. It doesn’t sink in the sacrifice that was made by so many until you see the names. The history books just can’t do it justice. I found my dads cousin “Peanut” on the wall and called him excited to tell him I found it. He just teared up on the phone, I was too young to understand.

So many of the “old guys” grew up hunting with were vets of Vietnam and talked out their “time in” when the whiskey was flowing. They never talked about how bad things were, and I am sure there were plenty of those days, only about the guys they knew. They would talk for hours about the men they served with and the stories about the crazy things they did together, the small town they were from, etc. Every now and then they would pause and you knew they weren’t telling the whole story. I remember vividly Mr White, who was a door gunner, telling stories about the helicopters being shot up like Swiss cheese and somehow still flying and showing me pictures of his helicopter crew. He was a frail man when I knew him but the man in those pictures seemed fearless.

There’s a documentary called “they shall not grow old” worth the watch.

Comment

RIP, God bless him and may God Bless America!

Comment

Thank you for sharing your uncle's sacrifice. Sad that not enough people will be thinking of the men that gave their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                            When I was about 6 years old, my mom bought me a POW/MIA bracelet. I wore it everywhere and it finally broke. The man on my bracelet never came home. I wish I would have kept it.
                            I wore one as well. A friends uncle. I looked later and found out he did not make it. sad...

Jerimy, I understand about your grandpa...we should not out out live our kids.

Much respect for our vets.

Comment

I Was at the Vietnam memorial two days ago. Grown men had tears rolling down their faces. I found my sisters boyfriend name that didn't make it home. Visited Arlington cemetery too and witnessed the changing of the guards. There was about 30 veterans in wheel chairs watching and trying to stand at attention and saluting. The place was loaded with veterans which made it even more emotional. Some of the young people were cutting up and needed their butts kicked

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                                X