X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a panic room has kept me from doing inside framing
    ......lots of steel and sweat have went into this

Comment

I love watching this build progress. A barndo is definitely something I plan on doing in the future.

Comment

Haven’t seen anything posted in a while, I’m impressed with your skills on this. Have any updates?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
          Haven’t seen anything posted in a while, I’m impressed with your skills on this. Have any updates?
          My time had been very limited for the last several months due to giving hospice care for my father. He recently passed away so I will be able to resume working on it. His spirit lives on within me.

It is taking a long time but I am the only worker 95% of the time with the other remaking my wife helps when she can.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
            My time had been very limited for the last several months due to giving hospice care for my father. He recently passed away so I will be able to resume working on it. His spirit lives on within me.

It is taking a long time but I am the only worker 95% of the time with the other remaking my wife helps when she can.
            I’m sorry to hear about your father.

You’ve done a great job on this build and to do it alone is even more impressive. Stay safe.

Comment

My condolences on your loss.

The house is looking great.

Tim

Comment

I’m very sorry for your loss. Awesome work on the casa

Comment

I also have been following along and admire your skills and tenacity. Excellent job.

Sorry for your loss of your Dad and I really liked what you said about "His spirit" living on in you.

Comment

Have you had a chance to get back at it?

How is the lumber looking? Drying nicely?

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                      Have you had a chance to get back at it?

How is the lumber looking? Drying nicely?

I took a piece and machined it and it's at about 11% currently. I think I might have to have it kiln dried to get it lower.

Been messing around with some cedar post, hickory and pecan logs. Resawing this stuff brings suspense with every cut. Beautiful wood now finding a purpose for it.

Comment

Can't wait to see what you do next. You are doing an awesome job.

Comment

Any update on the build?

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                            Any update on the build?
                            Framing done. Doing plumbing and electrical at the moment. Got done with the safe room and put up drywall and the rock for the wood burning stove wall.
                            HVAC is being installed so it’s a mess in the house so I am in my shop tinkering around with the oak I cut fine last year. Got a couple sample cabinet doors made so I can show the wife an example of them.

Raw oak

A cost of clear ploy

Comment

That wood is gorgeous!!!

Comment

Picked up a 72" windmill style fan from a member here and installed it in a guest bedroom (15x15). Wife wanted a very rustic room, it has open rafters and old barn tin for the 13ft ceiling.

Tray ceiling in guest bedroom (16x16) All rooms have 10ft ceilings.

Living area. I used Austin white rock for the wood burning stove alcove. The alcove above it will hold a life size mount. I cut the piece of oak last year for the mantle. It's sits unfinished.

Comment

Working...
                                X