GoPro attachment to Bow Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoPro attachment to Bow Question

So I started mounting my GoPro to my bow and lucked out and shot a hog on video. While I was extremely excited to do so, I wish the actual shot would have been clearer. I clamp the camera to my stabilizer. When I released the arrow there was a lot of vibration and the picture was not as good as I would have liked of the impact. I’m a dummy that’s one purpose for a stabilizer to reduce vibration. Dumb place to mount.

Question- are there any bow mounts that would make for a better video? Will it always be fuzzy if I mount camera to my bow?

Appreciate the feedback and help.

Even with a stabilizer the picture will jump if you are filming your shot with a GoPro. The GoPro’s I have do not have a zoom on them so the distance of the shot will always come in to play. Maybe the newer ones do. I have not looked at them in a long time. Use a regular video camera to record your shots. Mount the GoPro backwards or near you on a tree to film yourself drawing the bow. Some other folks will chime in on this I am sure. There are a bunch of ways you can set the GoPro up. If you have more than one it makes it that much better. I use two GoPro’s and a video camera when I have time to set everything up.

Comment

I bought this on Amazon and my pictures are perfectly clear. I have it clamped down tight just above my sight, just below the top limb on the riser. It works great for me. Of course, the video is limited in distance, as usual with a GoPro, but it looks great.

Comment

Give these guys a thought - it was a kid that invented these and then got a writeup in Bowhunter. I bought one and it has been fantastic - camera mounts there easy and goes Forward aiming or reverse aim easy.

The BowPro™ easily mounts your GoPro or Tactacam on many popular compound bows on the market. Get the shot when you take the shot.

I have been stoked with it thus far. I have some pig video that I have been recording with it for some time now.

Comment

Working...
        X