Poor shot on a 9 pt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLB View Post
    Fun to see you on somebody else's ***** for a change!!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Daaang look what the cat drug in. Where you been?

Comment

trophy8 - that's a real nice buck! Proud of you for sticking with it and going back to look more.

I have found that a liver shot like that generally doesn't drop a whole lot of blood because most of it stays in the body. What does come out is black. This is a shot I would put a dog on 4 hours afterwards. Any medium or large dog could find it. I would say small dog, but some small dogs don't have the legs to go over thick grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        trophy8 - that's a real nice buck! Proud of you for sticking with it and going back to look more.

I have found that a liver shot like that generally doesn't drop a whole lot of blood because most of it stays in the body. What does come out is black. This is a shot I would put a dog on 4 hours afterwards. Any medium or large dog could find it. I would say small dog, but some small dogs don't have the legs to go over thick grass.
        I don't think that's matt, A cap actually fit on the guys head in pic he posted.....
        Last edited by MASTERS; 10-03-2017, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
          I don't think that's matt, A cap actually fit on the guys head in pic he posted.....

Yeah. Please don't mistake me for that ginger!

Comment

Dang

Comment

Suck but at least you got your trophy

Comment

That shot doesn't look that bad. But if y'all tracked him 300 yards it sure seems like liver and/or guts. I'm sorry you didn't find him earlier and I agree that looking in that bean patch in the dark with no blood trail would be pretty futile. Just the same, thanks for posting this. Lots of valuable info here.

Comment

What was the angle of the shot? Surprised he went that far unless the exit was further back than the entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                    What was the angle of the shot? Surprised he went that far unless the exit was further back than the entrance.

He looked to be almost perfectly broadside. I couldn't find the exit hole due to the coyotes destroying that side of him

Comment

Originally posted by Serbin View Post
                      Who cares. arrows r cheap. Put another in him instead of a great picture of a gut shot buck. If u miss who cares. What has become of this next generation of hunters that want it on film. Do u respect what u r pursuing.
                      Originally posted by Serbin View Post
                      How many deer gave u killed or seen killed I'm ur lifetime.
                      Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Congrats on finding him.

Have to admit , i laughed quite a bit at the 'launch arrows' instead of taking pics, even more at the "you owe it to that animal" in reference to the pin-cushion theory of animal recovery.... and then really loud at the "how many animals you kill or see killed" remark to to Smart....
                      Good ****... seriously... where do these new guys come from?
                      I thought Adair was back for a minute...

Comment

That deer was made to order for a dog if you have access to one.
                        They get sick and a dog will have them bayed in 100 yards.
                        Glad you found him

Comment

Working...
                        X