• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 27

Happy Fourth of July!

Distance: 11 yds
    Position: Sitting
    Shots: 1
    Target: Draw a five pointed star 5" tall by 5" wide on any material available.
    Aiming point: Lowest crotch/valley of star
    Scoring: lowest measurement wins... measuring from lowest star crotch to closest edge of shaft.
    Target height: heighest point of star can be no higher than 12" off the ground
    Why: Because its time to spangle some stars and practice shootin crows off the deer corn from a ground blind

Ill post a pic afterwhile.

God bless America.

Shooting star

I am repurposing an unwanted shoebox. Aint gotta be perfect.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

'Merica [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        'Merica [emoji106]

DRT...when you gonna shoot one of the challenges? I dont know Ive seen you post a shoot. (Come drink the koolaid and ride the comet)

Comment

I'll try this tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            DRT...when you gonna shoot one of the challenges? I dont know Ive seen you post a shoot. (Come drink the koolaid and ride the comet)
            This is why.
            hu·bris
            ˈ(h)yo͞obrəs/
            noun
            noun: hubris

excessive pride or self-confidence.
            synonyms: arrogance, conceit, haughtiness, hauteur, pride, self-importance, egotism, pomposity, superciliousness, superiority; More
            informalbig-headedness, cockiness
            "the hubris among economists was shaken"
            antonyms: humility
            (in Greek tragedy) excessive pride toward or defiance of the gods, leading to nemesis.

I have a bad quality about me when it comes to competition. It's not about the others in the competition, it's about the over demanding, unfairly critical and always unsatisfied ego I carry around. It took me years to overcome in at work and it has shown it's ugly head in other parts of my life as well.
            Pride goeth before the fall so to speak. It seemed when I did well in a couple of these I couldn't shoot worth a hoot for the next two or three weeks. It drove me nuts.

Recently I have been shooting a few just never posting results just to push myself some. I'm fairly comfortable in my form and even ready to do some things with bare shaft tuning and getting out to some shoots when business slows so maybe I can handle my self persecuting evil alter ego well enough to try a few at some point.

The last couple weeks I haven't shot much with work and scout camp. Yesterday I cut my ring finger at the bend on an emergency call out where a dock broke loose. Not a bad cut but definitely a bad spot.

I appreciate the invite though. Helluva bunch of good people in this section.

Comment

DRT...Fair enough. I appreciate your awareness of limitations.

Comment

Don't know if the slope of my driveway was an advantage or not but I finally placed a good shot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Set the bar HIGH why don't ya?!?! Great shot!!

Comment

Great shot, DWA! And, if you measured from nearest side/edge of arrow to the spot, I'm thinkin you're more like 1/4-5/16"! Awesome! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Great shot DWA! It looks about 5/16" to this guy! Awesome!

Comment

About 3 7/8" for me. A bit high but overall for the size of the corn munching crows...maybe itd catchem on the up.
                        Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Pure luck

Comment

Looks like 1 5/16" for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still a kill shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X