Big Cat kill in East Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowtech10 View Post
    When i see one with my own eyes then ill believe it.

Ha! Yeah, but your camera will be at home or broke or something will scare it off before you get a picture or it will come up to your truck but you won't shoot it because you didn't know if you could so no one (well maybe a select few) will believe you.

Comment

There are a few cougars here in the DFW Metroplex. Opps, wrong forum. ;-)

Comment

You can choose to believe it or not but it's not a secret that there are cats in East Texas. We had several on the lease I was on a couple of years ago in the Pineland area. I have never seen one but I have seen tracks on numerous occasions and several folks had game cam pics of them.

br

Comment

Originally posted by buffalorider View Post
          You can choose to believe it or not but it's not a secret that there are cats in East Texas. We had several on the lease I was on a couple of years ago in the Pineland area. I have never seen one but I have seen tracks on numerous occasions and several folks had game cam pics of them.

br

Of course there are cats in East Texas. I thought they were referring to cougars and mountain lions and such of which there are none.

Comment

Originally posted by hubbace View Post
            There are a few cougars here in the DFW Metroplex. Opps, wrong forum. ;-)
            Dang I about spit coffee ewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by PineWoodArcher View Post
              Was doing some general goofing off in the four-wheeler a last weekend. I like to call it scouting, my wife thinks otherwise. Came across a new born cafe, several days old that had the hide pulled over its head and been cleaned out pretty good. The mom was not too far off with deep scratches and blood around the face, head and neck. This was in the Cushing, TX area. Unfortunately, i did not have my camera or i would have posted some pics. It was a very fresh kill, since it was 8am dont know if the cat or cats were finished with breakfast, so me and the kids high tailed it. Where is the game cam when you need it! Hard to make out any individual tracks, looked like alot of activitiy around the kill. Some have speculated that it is a female with cubs.
              Cool, our lease is in Cushing, Tx. Maybe I'll have one on the cam when I pull the card next time.

Comment

Prolly best I stay out of this one.

Comment

Three people on or around my lease near Newton have had close encounters with big cats. One has decided he will no longer be afraid of scaring deer by walking without a light !

Comment

Beleive what you want, I saw one when I was about 11yrs old, so close I could see the saliva dripping off of his tongue. Scared the bejesus out of me, so scared in fact, i was afraid to shoot,for fear of wounding it and it "gettin me", haha. Truth is, it was a young one and my 16ga load of 6's would have tore a hole in him a golf ball would fit thru, but I opted to run like a spotted ape, i bet there was actually smoke coming out of my footprints, I don't think I have reached those speeds since! This was Polk County, right outside of Corrigan, Tx.

Comment

Have plaster casts of cougar tracks (4.5 inch paws) from last spring in Royse City (30 miles east of Dallas). Tracks are back in the same place this year. Guys from North Texas Water were working on a pump station in Royse City about 6 weeks ago early one morning and saw a deer running out of the woods in the creek bottom with a large cougar chasing behind. This was about 1-2 miles from where we found the tracks.

Believe it or not but they are here.

Comment

Originally posted by dcrow View Post
                        I thought they were referring to cougars and mountain lions and such of which there are none.

Well, I guess that'll have to be your little secret...

br

Comment

You can usually spot those cougar tracks easy..... I used to hunt them all the time back when I was single. At one time the sky lounge in Houston had a decent supply .

Comment

I know they are there and am very curious why there has not been one captured on a trail camera in East Texas yet. I can understand completely why you guys are skeptical and I would be too if the roles were rversed.

Had it not been for that fateful hour, I mean 15 seconds, I would be poking fun myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Joebuck View Post
                              I know they are there and am very curious why there has not been one captured on a trail camera in East Texas yet. I can understand completely why you guys are skeptical and I would be too if the roles were rversed.

Had it not been for that fateful hour, I mean 15 seconds, I would be poking fun myself.

They HAVE been captured on game cams in East Texas. I will try to contact some of the members on my old lease and see if I can get ahold of a pic or two. Not only that, but my old lease manager killed one.

I didn't realize that so many folks weren't aware that they exist all over Texas. Obviously, the population is small and their range is huge, but they are definitely here.

br

Comment

Here:

Confirmed cougar fatalities in East Texas since 1990 as reported by TP&W: 11.

br

Comment

Working...
                                X