X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dickens county hunters

Guys, anyone hunt Dickens county. I have land up there
    and hunted the heck out of the place this year and have
    a buck that I have seen twice that I think will make book.
    I have had him at 40 yards with no shot with a bow and was
    wondering if anyone has seen the rut starting to kick in.
    I am afraid if I do not get him before the rut kicks in he
    will be gone. It has happened to me the past to years with
    big buck that I have seen before the rut.

If it not in, it's only a matter of days my man.

Comment

Hoping it holds off a few more days, I will be in a ground
      blind I made that will put me in clear bow range of him
      if he will show himself again. I am headed up there for a
      6 day hunt for him and I am not leaving the blind until I have
      to head back home. He is the biggest buck I have ever
      seen in the wild.

Comment

Good Luck! Hope you get him.

Comment

my buddy was down there this past weekend and said they were chasing but the does were not interested. So it could be this weekend or the next cold weather we have.

Comment

Little young bucks are definitley trying to hammer the does and even the occasional mature buck is seen chasing. A big mature 7 was killed Last Friday evening chasing does and i had another mature 7 come by my feeder Sunday evening definitley looking. Both of their necks were swollen really good and the big 7 that was killled really stunk I saw quiet a few does over the weekend and none looked to have been bred,(messed up backside and hair like they sometimes show.) The does are definitley jittery when any buck comes around. It is definitley pre rut and it should be in full swing between now and Thanksgiving weekend, if the weather stays fairly cool. Hopefully it will kick in and the does will bring in one of the 2 big 8's we have on camera. Good luck. We hunt in Kent/Stonewall County SE of Jayton.

Comment

Get out there my friend, I have been out alot recently and gunned some hogs from a helicoptor on Wednesday and got a good look at things. From what I saw I would get after him pretty quick if you are wanting to take him before the rut.

Comment

Mudslinger u hunt up around me in stonewall county. We are north of Old Glory. We have seen the same small bucks chasing but a few studs have been at the feeders and are keeping an eye on things.

Comment

Good luck and waiting for that LDP. Did you get any bites on the Drenalin?

Comment

Working...
                  X