Wide angle lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wide angle lens

I need a wide angle lens for work. I am a real estate agent and I want to fit the most of a room in one picture that I possibly can. I dont want to break the bank though. Does anybody have any suggestions or experience with one for a Nikon? The 18-55 kit lens isnt cutting it. It does not have to be Nikkor, or be the best quality.
    Any advice is appreciated!

I have this one, would be perfect for real estate.
    I used it a few times to take pictures for local real estate companies, and it would be perfect (and affordable) but oh so hard to find, because it is THAT good

Tokina 11-16 Ultra Wide Pro Dx for Nikon

I can't believe B&H actually has it in stock!! I had to buy mine off ebay

Comment

Thanks Hillary, we can always count on you for the answers to our questions. I was hoping for a little less coin than that, but its tempting. I can write it off I suppose! My question is, other than for work, what else would that lens and 600 bucks be used for?

Comment

Originally posted by predatoraddct View Post
        My question is, other than for work, what else would that lens and 600 bucks be used for?

LOTS. I have the Tokina 12-24mm f/4 lens (about $450). I wish I'd seen the 11-16mm first, but I love my 12-24 anyway. I use it for landscapes ALL the time. I use it for closeup shots of people that also show a lot of background. Anytime you want a wide-angle view, it's a great lens. I love wide views, for some reason. I like to see the big picture more than some small detail I guess.

Comment

Man I wish I could link you to my flickr at work, but I can't get on it....
          Lots of small spaces, I have done a few where I shoot full body shots of people, and landscapes.
          It is a different typs of lens, you have to get used to it, becuase it is so wide, almost fisheye wide, but with no bending of lines.

Here is ken's view on it

The Nikon branded ones are pricy, this ultra-wide makes rooms look huge!! lol

I love it. But I am a wide angle junky.

Comment

Low angle LDP = really big horns with a wide angle lens.

Comment

Took my avatar picture with it!!

Comment

Camera was about 2' away

But those are actually big horns

Comment

Ok I think i have to have it now! I cant believe it reviews better than the nikkor for half of the price. Thanks for your help Hillary and Shane! I may have to wait a few weeks although, but it should be worth the money.

Comment

I have the same lens for Canon. It will get the job done easily without bending the edges.

Comment

WOW! Nice pics Rob. I have the Canan 10-22 and really like it.

Comment

Rob, that first pic really makes me want the lens now, great shot!

Comment

Working...
                        X